THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Saturday, January 4, 2014

PROTEIN BARS - HANDY FOR YOUR PURSE!

Let's face it, protein bars do have some allure.  They kind of remind us of candy bars...but our kind of legitimate candy bars, that could double as a light snack or meal.  However, it can get expensive after a while, and there is so much controversy surrounding them.  People often stall eating them.  Some don't, so it is a YMMV thing.  I like making my own protein bars.  I wrap them and put a couple in my purse and if I'm in a mall, I can order a cappuccino and not be tempted by the sugary desserts, because I know I have my own, delicious sweet treat with me.  This way I stay on track and have energy to do the rest of my shopping or errands.

Here are some I make from time to time.  They are so easy to make!  Someone mentioned that she keeps them wrapped and in a hard eyeglasses case in her handbag.  Cool idea.

CHEWY CANDY-LIKE PROTEIN BARS
 ONE MINUTE PROTEIN BARS (sorry the photo is sub-par - these were warm when photographed)
 PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS

No comments: