ONE MINUTE PROTEIN BARS


ONE MINUTE PROTEIN BARS
These are ready to eat right away or refrigerate for later.  This bar is very tasty but has a slight cooling effect.  You can easily play with these ingredients.  Sometimes when a craving hits for something sweet, a protein bar will do and it can double as a small meal if you have more than one.  Every now and then I get a craving for protein bars.  I never buy them.  I make them.  Have you seen the ingredients in a protein bar besides the fact that they are so expensive?  It is still questionable if they are really as low-carb as the manufacturer claims they are, because too many people who are strictly low-carbing say that these protein bars stall weight loss.  I bought maybe 5 in my life and I've been low-carbing since 1999.  Homemade protein bars are far less likely to stall weight loss.  Admittedly, I "cheat" occasionally (not recommended), but 95% of the time (especially at home), I stick with the program.  I feel better low-carbing and have been loyal to low-carbing since I started all those years ago.  Besides that cheating usually involves starting to gain weight and I can't afford to keep that up.  So, I just want you to know I'm human and if you are also prone to cheating occasionally, realize that it doesn't mean you have to fall off the wagon forever and a day - even if the cheating continues for longer than a few days.  Know what your body likes and go back to sensible eating as soon as possible.  Don't be an all-or-nothing kinda gal.  That is too destructive. You could wind up regaining all the weight lost.  If you slip up, so what?  Get back on the wagon ASAP!

1/cup sugar-free peanut butter (60 mL)
1/4  cup powdered erythritol (60 mL)
1/4  cup chocolate, OR vanilla (60 mL)
  whey protein
1 tbsp cocoa (15 mL)
1 tbsp whipping cream (15 mL)


In medium nonstick pot, over medium heat, stir together peanut butter, erythritol, chocolate, OR vanilla whey protein, cocoa and whipping cream.  Keep stirring just until it comes together.  Place on cutting board and pat into a small rectangle.  Cut into 3 bars.  

Helpful Hint:  There are differences in peanut butters.  If the mixture is not coming together, add a tablespoon of light-tasting olive oil and maybe a bit more whipping cream.

Yield:  3 protein bars
1 protein bar
167.3 calories
10.3 g protein
12.4 g fat
3.8 g carbs