ULTRA LOW-CARB CREPES



Crepe Layer Cake - this photo below is from the internet, but you can see how easy it is to assemble something like this from the photo below.  Just use my crepes, Creme Fraiche and lovely, ripe strawberries and powdered erythritol for sprinkling.  This Crepe Layer Cake won second prize in a competition. I can see why. Yum!!



ULTRA LOW-CARB CREPES
As promised here it is!  I was inspired by our Facebook readers to try to reduce the oat flour in my second-favorite, low-carb and gluten-free crepe recipe and the result is a very low-carb crepe that tastes pretty good, even if I say so myself.  I’m very picky about crepes.  I don’t like almond flour in them at all.  I want them to taste closer to the real thing. I added an extra egg and removed 2 tbsp of oat flour, replacing it with coconut flour and really it's very close in taste to the previous recipe. I didn't like the taste of all-coconut flour in the recipe...really not so great. We still prefer the other Low-Carb Crepe recipes of mine, but mainly because we react to too much fiber (coconut) in the diet.  For most people the extra fiber is very welcome, so enjoy!  :-)   This would probably make another great Valentine's Day dessert!

Cream Cheese Crepes with Blueberry Sauce (My FAVORITE CREPE recipe)



Savory Chicken in Crepes


Crepes with Caramel

3 oz regular cream cheese (90 g)
5 eggs
2 tbsp coconut flour (30 mL)
1 tbsp gluten-free oat flour, OR vital wheat gluten (if you are not gluten-free), OR (15 mL)
  whole wheat pastry flour (also not gluten-free, but around same carbs as oat flour) 
Liquid sweetener (or small packets used for coffee) to equal 4 tsp sugar (20 mL) (leave out for savory applications)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)

In food processor, process cream cheese.  Add eggs; process.  Add coconut flour, oat flour, liquid sweetener and vanilla extract and process until smooth, scraping down the sides at least once and processing again.

Use 3 tbsp (45 mL) batter for each crepe and a small, nonstick 6-inch (15 cm) crepe pan (inside diameter) - make sure you have a newish nonstick pan (i.e. it must still be nonstick. lol) - I have a couple of pans that I keep primarily for making crepes.  Tilt pan to coat with batter.  Cook over medium heat.  Flip crepe when it is easy to slide a spatula underneath it.  Cook a few seconds on the second side.  Set aside in covered casserole dish and in the oven at a low heat of 190°F (88°C).  Brush pan with a little olive oil between every other crepe or so.

Yield:  11 crepes
1 crepe
41.9 calories
3.1 g protein
2.5 g fat
1.0 g net carbs
[Sneak a Peek: CLICK on any Cookbook cover below to view all the Photos/Recipes inside]