BROCCOLI WALNUT SALAD



BROCCOLI WALNUT SALAD

I really enjoy a good broccoli salad from time to time. I do parboil the broccoli for 3 minutes, as my husband prefers that. I love all kinds of flavors and textures in broccoli salad.  I thought to myself how would chopped walnuts be on top of this salad for texture and looks.  I loved it and I think you will too, if you like walnuts, otherwise use another nut or seed that you prefer.

 

1 lb chopped broccoli (0.45 kg)

1/3 cup diced red onion (75 mL)

1/3 cup cooked bacon bits (75 mL)

1/4 cup chopped walnuts (60 mL)

1/cup grated Cheddar cheese (60 mL)

Dressing:

1 cup mayonnaise, OR (250 mL)

  half mayonnaise and half Greek yogurt,

  OR sour cream

1 tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)

Liquid sweetener  (sucralose or stevia) to equal 2 tsp sugar (10 mL)

1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)

1/4 tsp black pepper (1 mL)

 

Blanch broccoli in boiling water 3 minutes.  Place in colander over bowl.  Remove colander and rinse broccoli in colander under cold tap water.  

In large bowl, combine broccoli, red onion and bacon bits.

Dressing:  In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, OR alternative combination, lemon juice, liquid sweetener, salt and black pepper.  Pour over broccoli salad and stir to combine well.  Place broccoli salad in salad bowl and top with chopped walnuts and grated Cheddar cheese.  Chill until serving time.

Yield:  5 servings

1 serving

428.3 calories

8.7 g protein

41.6 g fat

2.8 g fiber

4.8 g net carbs 


SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books):  printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and after that there will only be KINDLES available! 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.