ONIONS, PEPPERS AND MUSHROOMS IN SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE





ONIONS, PEPPERS AND 

MUSHROOMS

 IN SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE

A colorful mosaic.  I really love this vegetable dish!  To me it is almost like having sweet chutney on my plate next to my main meal.  I have made this recipe forever and a day it seems.  I don't tire of it. These vegetables absorb the sweet mustard sauce as if it was just meant to be.  Love it!  Try it and I'm almost certain you will enjoy this colorful, healthy vegetable dish as well.  Sometimes I leave out the mushrooms if I don't have them on hand - in fact, I often make this dish without the mushrooms and just increase the number of peppers. 

3 tbsp butter, divided (45 mL)
1 lb mushrooms (0.45 kg)
1 large onion, sliced (250 mL)
1 orange or red bell pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
Sweet Mustard Sauce:
Sweetener to equal 1/2  cup sugar (125 mL)
1 tbsp mustard (15 mL)
11/2  tsp Worcestershire Sauce (7 mL)
3/4  tsp salt, OR to taste (3 mL)
1/4  tsp black pepper (0.5 mL)

In electric wok or large electric skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter.  Add mushrooms and toss in butter.  Place lid on skillet slightly ajar and remove lid when all moisture has evaporated.  Stir fry mushrooms a little longer.  Set aside.

In skillet, to 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, add onions; fry until turning brown.  Add orange or red and green peppers; fry until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms back to pan and stir fry until heated. Stir in Sweet Mustard Sauce and cook until heated through.

Sweet Mustard Sauce:  In small bowl, combine sweetener, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, salt and pepper.  Set aside.

Yield:  8 servings
1 serving
36.7 calories
2.1 g protein
0.4 g fat
1.7 g fiber
5.8 g net carbs 

SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and they will not be printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  KINDLES available! 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.