JEANNE’S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES





JEANNE’S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

These soft peanut butter cookies are made in memory of my dear friend, Jeanne Lobsinger.  This recipe makes a ton of tasty cookies – great to wake up to in the morning to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.  I confess I ate at least 2 cookies worth in raw dough! I have another confession to make.  The original recipe required 1/2  cup (125 mL) of butter and I simply forgot to add it.  The cookies turned out great anyway as there is a lot of fat in peanut butter, however, I think they could use some butter in them, so I am writing them up with a minimal amount..  These cookies are thus a lower calorie cookie.  Bonus!  I didn’t find that these cookies needed salt, but if you do want to add some….add only 1/8  tsp (0.5 mL).

The sweetener tables for all the most common scenarios are in my cookbooks for your convenience.  For example, ¾ cup sugar sweetness (not ¾ cup liquid) using my bottle of sucralose from the EZ-Sweetz brand (whether the smaller one of 0.5 oz or the bigger yellow bottle of 2 oz – Zero carbs) would be 18 or 36 drops respectively.  Here is an article and video about the sweeteners. Part 1.  There is another article and video here: Part 2.



2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter (250 mL)
  (I like Skippy® Creamy Natural)
Liquid sweetener to equal 1/2  cup sugar (125 mL)
3 tbsp butter, softened (45 mL)
2 tbsp powdered sweetener, OR (45 mL)
  3 coffee sweetener packets
1 tsp molasses (5 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
11/2  cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR (375 mL)
  1 3/4 cups Keto Bake Mix
1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)

Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).

In bowl of mixer or food processor, combine eggs, peanut butter, liquid sweetener, powdered sweetener, OR coffee sweetener, molasses and vanilla extract; mix well. 

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2 and baking powder.  Add to wet ingredients; process. Roll dough into balls using about 2 tsp (10 mL) per ball.  Place on greased baking sheet.  Flatten each cookie with a fork in a crisscross pattern.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until very light golden brown underneath.  (This took 9 minutes in my oven).  Store in a covered container at room temperature.

Yield:  42 cookies
1 cookie/Keto
64.9 calories
2.2 g protein
5.3 g fat
0 g fiber
1.9/0.9 g net carbs

SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and they will not be printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  KINDLES available! 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.