CHEDDAR FAUX MASHED POTATOES



CHEDDAR FAUX MASHED POTATOES

Amazing thick consistency and the flavor is awesome!  There are many, many faux mashed potato recipes out there.  I have tried all sorts.  I like most of the ones I came up with.  This one is so easy!

1 small cauliflower, cut up into large pieces
3 oz cream cheese (90 mL)
1 tbsp butter (15 mL)
1/tsp salt, OR to taste* (2 mL)
1/tsp white pepper (0.5 mL)
1/cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (60 mL) 

In large pot, in boiling water, cook cauliflower until very tender.  Place in a colander over a bowl to drain.  Then mop gently with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. 

In food processor, process cauliflower, cream cheese, butter, salt and white pepper until smooth.  Add Cheddar cheese and process.

Helpful Hints:  *If the meal I am serving has plenty of rich, salty meat, then I usually opt for the amount of salt suggested, otherwise I increase the amount to 1 tsp (5 mL) salt.  You can also steam cauliflower instead if you have a vegetable steamer.

Yield:  4 servings
1 serving
158.5 calories
6.3 g protein
13.3 g fat
1.4 g fiber
3.4 g net carbs 


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks:

B| BIG FALL SALE!! VOL1, 2 AND ARE 4 $4.99 EACH; PERFECT BINDING - amongfriends.us/sale.php