BACON-WRAPPED FISH ROLL UPS

BEFORE GOING IN THE OVEN


OUT OF THE OVEN


AND ON THE DINNER PLATE



BACON-WRAPPED FISH ROLL UPS
I’m always thinking of what I can do with my favorite fish fillets – Swai!  You can use any white fish though.  The sides are simply a red pepper and onion stir-fry with my favorite seasoning salt, pepper and Italian seasoning (fried in light-tasting olive oil) and my Veggie casserole without the topping.  I am working so hard, while Ian is having a vacation of a lifetime!  Next year, I hope to go along with him!  Besides where he is at the moment it is COLD!  I'm done with cold having lived in the Great White North (Canada) for almost 30 years.  I know many people love the cold weather, but I grew tired of it, simply because I thought the winters dragged on far too long.  I missed my garden and the birds.  I also found it more difficult to dress for cold weather, or put it this way, I didn't like the heavy sweaters too much.  I love my carefree summer dresses, of which I have a LOT!  I appreciate the change in my life and being able to walk outside every day rain or shine in my dresses.  I know I'm eccentric but at this age I've earned the right to be. ;)  The birds, butterflies and the monkeys greet me each day.  I give the birds and monkeys bananas in return.   My garden is always beautiful - true different plants still flower at different times. 

6 fish fillets
Seasoning salt, to taste
1 cup cooked broccoli florets (250 mL)
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (250 mL)
1/cup Parmesan cheese (60 mL)
1/tsp seasoning salt (1 mL)
12 slices bacon

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).

Wash fish filets and pat dry with paper towels.   In medium bowl combine broccoli, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.  Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with seasoning salt.  Place some of broccoli mixture on one end of fish filet and carefully starting from that end fold over until fish is rolled up completely.  Place in 2-qt (2 L) casserole dish.

In nonstick frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon slices until cooked but still pliable.  Reserve bacon fat.  Wrap each fish filet in 2 pieces of bacon.  Pour bacon fat over fish filets.  Bake 30 minutes and, if desired, broil under broiler about 4 minutes to crisp the bacon.

Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
330.6 calories
50.1 g protein
13.1 g fat
1.3 g net carbs