SAVORY CHICKEN IN CREPES





SAVORY CHICKEN IN CREPES
Delicious savory chicken filling for crepes.  So simple, but it makes a nice, light lunch with a salad and your favorite salad dressing.  Normally I like my crepes as dessert, but I fondly remember a place called Peter's Pancake House in Cape Town, South Africa, from when I was in my twenties and in love with my husband.  We were both going to Cape Town University.  Ian was studying Computer Science and I was studying Physiotherapy. Sometimes we would go to Peter's Pancake House and often I would order a savory dish, simply because I had not eaten yet.  And, that is where I learned to enjoy crepes with savory fillings.  Here is another favorite chicken filling.

For a GOURMET SHRIMP FILLING, go to Peggy Hardaway's RECIPE!

2 cups cooked chicken, chopped small (500 mL)
2 tbsp butter (30 mL)
1 onion, chopped
2/cup chicken stock (150 mL)
1 tsp cornstarch (5 mL)
2 tsp dried parsley (10 mL)
1/tsp salt, OR to taste (1 mL)
1/tsp nutmeg (1 mL)
1/tsp black pepper (1 mL)

In covered casserole dish keep chicken warm in low oven. In frying pan, in butter, cook onion over medium heat until caramelized.  In saucepan, pour chicken stock.  Whisk in cornstarch until it dissolves.  Stir in parsley, salt, nutmeg and black pepper.  Bring to the boil.  Stir in onion and chicken.  Fill 6 Low-Carb Crepes OR Ultra Low-Carb Crepes and serve alongside a salad.

Helpful Hint:  To lower carbs, use some chopped mushrooms and halve the amount of onion used.  The two different nutritional analyses are for the two different crepe recipes.

Yield:  3 servings
2 crepes per serving
267.0./329.0 calories
36.0/37.8 g protein
8.714.5 g fat
6.9/8.5 g net carbs