Blueberry Muffins (GF)


UPDATE:  I made this yesterday as my son, Jonathan, came home for a visit.  He loved them and they only lasted a few hours. As I suspected, the recipe below as typed is perfect!  Forget the Helpful Hints.   This is a super muffin!

The muffin in the foreground was the one I made last night.  It used 3 eggs and there was too much liquid in the muffin (close to 2/3 cup) - hence a bit  misshapen and they look more moist.  The other muffins I made this morning and they used 2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk.  The result was not as tasty as the one the night before.  It was a bit drier and the texture was not as nice - even although they probably look nicer in the pic.  My conclusion was:  use 3 eggs rather (this was adding an extra egg to the original recipe) and reduce the liquid requirements.  I don't even need to retest the recipe as I'm almost positive as to the outcome (I covered myself in the Helpful Hints, just in case) - so find the revised recipe below.  Lovely muffin this by the way, no problem there.  I like them without any butter - just as is.   The baking is nicer with an extra egg due to the fact that coconut flour requires more eggs in baking.

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
This is a lovely blueberry muffin.  It is based on my Blueberry Muffin recipe from Splendid Desserts, my very first cookbook that I wrote at the age of 35.

13/4  cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (425 mL)
  page___(1/2 tsp (2 mL) xanthan gum)
1 tbsp baking powder (15 mL)
1/2 tsp Morton® Lite salt (2 mL)
3 tbsp butter (45 mL)
3 eggs
Liquid sucralose to equal 1/2 cup (125 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular (125 mL)
1/3  cup Hood Calorie Countdown (75 mL)
  Milk, OR Carolyn’s Milk, page___
1/4 cup granulated erythritol (60 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
3/4  cup frozen unsweetened blueberries, (175 mL)
  OR fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, baking powder and light salt.  In food processor, process butter and eggs.  Add liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular, Hood Calorie Countdown Milk, OR Carolyn’s milk, page___, erythritol and vanilla extract.  Add dry ingredients and process until thickened.  Stir in blueberries.

Pour batter into greased muffin pan.  Bake 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in muffin comes out clean.

Yield:   9 muffins
1 muffin
170.5 calories
6.1 g protein
12.8 g fat
6.4 g carbs