Good News Re Splendid Gluten-Free Low-Carb Bake Mix

SPLENDID 
GLUTEN-FREE
BAKE MIX
 An all-purpose gluten-free and low-carb flour blend

Update July 18, 2011:  Not only have I now realized that the xanthan gum can be reduced to 1/2 tsp in the bake mix, but also I've realized that the baking with the new improved Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix will keep its height and if there is any sinking at all, it is almost imperceptible.  This is amazing news!  I am so happy about that.  As I did more and more baking with the new improved bake mix, I began to see that the baking was keeping its height and not sinking.  To verify this today I went back to my test recipe - a muffin recipe - and lo and behold, lovely muffins with 1/2 tsp xanthan gum in the bake mix and the muffins kept their height - much better than ever before!


12/3 cups almond flour, (400 mL)
  (I use almond meal, i.e. ground sliced
    almonds versus almond flour)
2 tbsp sifted coconut flour, (30 mL)
  (Bob’s Red Mill,® OR Aloha Nu®)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (2 mL)


Yield:   21/2 cups (625 mL)
1/4 cup (60 mL) per serving
125.5 calories
4.5 g protein
8.9 g fat
5.8 g carbs (23.2 g per cup)

Pumpkin Muffins (not my test recipe - just showing some baking with the GF Bake Mix)