SPLENDID GLUTEN-FREE LOW-CARB BAKE MIX


After working and working on this, I finally arrived at 4 different gluten-free and low-carb bake mixes.  So, we have options!  My Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix (please note I'm abandoning this one) is very benign re tummy issues and that's what I like about that one. Here is the NEW Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix. My next favorite is the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix (I have also since abandoned this one but you're welcome to play with it, if you like - I found the xanthan gum was too much and I was reactive to it).  Actually the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix and the Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix are very similar, but I favor the other due to the fact that there is less fiber in it.  Liquid/wet ingredients may differ slightly between the two.  The Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix may need up to 1/4 cup less wet/liquid ingredients than the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix when substituting for regular white flour in recipes.  With both of them use 1/4 cup more bake mix when substituting for white flour.  When substituting the Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix for my other bake mixes, up to 1/4 cup less liquid/wet ingredients may be required.  If you find the batter is too moist, add a little more bake mix.  My recipes are very forgiving that way.

Four super bake mixes, but ones I am reactive to are also at these links:  The Coconut/Flax Gluten-Free Bake Mix #1 and the Coconut Flour/Flax Gluten Free Bake Mix #2 .   Not everyone has my tummy issues.  I do suffer from IBS occasionally and so I usually keep my baking to a dull roar these days.  However, I've had to do a lot of testing lately to arrive at all these bake mix options.  I hope someone out there appreciates my hard work.

Please note (updated March 10/2011):  These bake mixes are great in muffins, loaves, cookies, coffeecakes, some cakes and a few other applications, but will not be suitable for all applications nor for baking with yeast applications. In addition, my Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix and Vital Ultimate Bake Mixes and others may be used instead of the gluten-free bake mixes or the other way around  - the gluten-free bake mixes may be substituted for the Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix and Vital Ultimate Bake Mixes and others.  Liquid/wet ingredient requirements may differ slightly.