Should We Weigh Ourselves? Some Thoughts.


Hmm, that really depends. If you're talking about me. Yes, I do have to weigh at least once a week or at the very least a couple of times a month. I have a tendency to think I look okay, as the pounds are creeping on. Then when I finally get the courage to step on the scale, I usually get a big fright! This has happened to me so many times in my life, I don't care to remember!

I have tried using a belt with notches instead of weighing. That does not work for me, as my waist will not increase in size for quite a while. My lower abdomen will, however, and probably a few other places and a 5 lb gain will not readily be noticed by me. A pair of jeans that you remember wearing at a certain weight is probably a much better indicator of weight, if one is adverse to using a scale.