My Eggplant Parmigiana Revisited - Lower Sodium


Eggplant Parmigiana

This recipe is really good (it is probably my most favorite vegetable of all and this is one of my favorite ways to serve it), however, I rarely make it that way nowadays. I don't like to see the scale up a few pounds from water weight. I think there are probably several other ladies that feel the same way. I tend to use No Salt and less salt overall these days.

Generally, I will "bread" my eggplant slices with a mixture of one of my leftover bake mixes (doesn't matter which one), extra ground almonds or ground walnuts and possibly some breadcrumbs but it is optional. I then add herbs (basil and oregano), no salt, seasoning salt and a little pepper. In the tomato, onion mixture, I use No Salt.

Hope this helps some sodium-conscious peeps like myself. :-)