No-Carb or Low-Carb is the question?!

I'm all for low-carbing (I stay under 100 grams a day and when I'm more seriously low-carbing, I stay under 50 grams a day), as it just seems a healthier way for me to live my life and to keep my weight in check. However, a few people tend to sometimes take things to extremes, in my opinion. NO Carbs! I'm open-minded, so I'm thinking that perhaps that would be okay a couple of days a week, however, some people might do this for weeks or months on end. I happen to think - and this is totally my opinion - that the body needs the nutrients from at the very least vegetables, if not fruits as well. These nutrients help the body to function optimally (fiber, antioxidants, etc.) and to fight diseases such as cancer and to lower blood pressure to prevent heart disease and stroke. Fruits and vegetables also lower risk of eye and digestive problems. Fruits and vegetables keep our bodies in a more alkaline state. If one were to eat only meat, I would imagine an acidic state could possibly develop in the body and that is not a good situation. Obviously, meat and water fasts are a short term thing if anything and one needs to take supplements.

Personally, I could not stomach only meat for even two days in a row. That's me though. I also cannot see how one can sustain such an austere diet for any length of time, so perhaps I'm worrying about people for nothing.

I know the Eskimos lived on mostly meat and blubber, but wonder if sometimes they got scurvy from lack of vitamin C. I'm rambling... a quick googling on the subject told me that the Eskimos did not get scurvy and that apparently they got vitamin C from the skins of Beluga whales... Anyway, it is a moot point now as they eat a lot of what Western people eat (junk food!) and as a result suffer from similar ailments of too much weight, and especially diabetes.

Happy low-carbing - not no-carbing, hopefully! Each to their own though...I still think moderation in everything is a good mantra to live by.