ZUCCHINI NOODLE, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD


This is an unusual salad that is fun to make in the summertime when gardens are giving forth their bountiful zucchini.  However, any time of year is good, too, if you can get nice tomatoes and zucchini.



ZUCCHINI NOODLE, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD

A delicious dressing brings out the lovely flavors of this vegetable salad. I decided to leave the skin on my zucchini since they were baby zucchinis and quite tasty...not bitter at all.  The Mozzarella balls add a little something special to this salad; a texture and taste contrast that should not be skipped.  I honestly was skeptical about this salad, but my first bite told me that I loved it!  I will definitely be making this one again!  I found the small zucchini actually worked very well in my spiralizer.  This is the one that I use.  It's a real cheapie, but it works!  CLICK HERE TO SEE MY SPIRALIZER.



2 cups zucchini noodles (500 mL)
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 California avocado
1/cup Mozzarella balls* (125 mL)
Dressing:
3 tbsp lemon juice (45 mL)
2 tbsp olive oil (30 mL)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (15 mL)
1 tsp crushed garlic (5 mL)
  (the bottled kind)
1/tsp dried basil (2 mL)
1/tsp dried oregano (2 mL)
1/tsp salt (1 mL)

Using a spiralizer, make fine zucchini noodles.  Cut the long strands coarsely by running a knife through them….just to cut them a bit shorter.  Place in medium bowl.  Add the tomatoes.  Peel, seed and chop avocado and add to zucchini and tomatoes. *Use a melon baller to make the Mozzarella balls and then cut them in half.  Add to the vegetables.

Dressing:  In small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano and salt.  Pour over salad and toss to combine.  Chill until serving time (best made to serve right away or within an hour or two).

Yield:  4 servings
1 serving
220.8 calories
6.1 g protein
19.0 g fat
2.6 g fiber
6.8 g net carbs


SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This useful collection of cookbooks is expected to sell out and they will never be reprinted again.  Limited stocks, so get yours while you can!  KINDLE set available!

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.