HASSELBACK CHICKEN WITH SPINACH, BACON AND MONTEREY





HASSELBACK CHICKEN WITH SPINACH, BACON AND MONTEREY

My husband could not stop praising me for this lovely chicken dinner.  He enjoyed his dinner so much along with a Summer Broccoli salad and Crispy Potato Skins.  We are in maintenance-mode most of the time, but, frankly, I would like to drop a few pounds and reach my goal weight for my age...that is only 5 lbs away and always seems rather elusive, to be honest. That is why I have the greatest respect for people who lose lots of weight. Typically I never reach that goal very often.  I very rarely get into diet mode, because I'm constantly thinking about food and what to make and thoroughly enjoying myself and the food.  I typically eat enough to prevent weight loss. My husband loses with ease, but, he too, is not often in diet mode, but he needs to drop some pounds again. I do enjoy my job even although sometimes I have been stressed out of my tree, as I tried to do so much in the space of about 4 years.  Now that my pace is more relaxed, I'm enjoying myself again.

4 large chicken breasts
Seasoning salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
8 oz frozen spinach, thawed (250 g)
  (liquid squeezed out)
12 oz Monterey Jack cheese, (340 g)
  cut into skinny short rectangles
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). 

Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoning salt and black pepper, to taste, on both sides. Slice deep cuts in the top of the chicken breasts…usually about 5 cuts.  Divide the spinach into 4 amounts.  Fill the cuts with spinach and cheese (3 oz per breast).  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake 45 minutes.  Check at the 30 minute mark.  The chicken should be white throughout when cut.  Sprinkle with crispy bacon pieces.

Yield:  4 servings
1 serving
526.1 calories
58.2 g protein
30.3 g fat
1.8 g fiber
1.7 g net carbs 

ANOTHER RECIPE YOU MAY ENJOY





As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support. Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks