LEMON POUND CAKES






LEMON POUND CAKES
Delicious pound cakes (2 loaves) with an exceptional lemon glaze…tastes like the glaze is made with sugar and it ages well too.  The tender, moist crumb in these pound cakes is sure to delight.   Even refrigerated, these taste wonderful.Lemon is a favorite flavor in baking for many people without a question.  It is almost up there with chocolate at times. 
What is it about me and lemon lately?  I seem slightly obsessed with all things lemon at the moment.  We have about 5 or more lemon trees with branches hanging heavy with lemons.  Our lemons are truly very weird.  They look every bit like oranges.  If any of you can identify them, I'd be very happy.   Anyway even when I slice them open, they are bright orange inside.  Imagine my surprise the first time I bit into one of those "oranges".  A camera would have taken a pretty funny candid shot at that moment!  Best investment I ever made for my low-carb loaves was to buy the slightly smaller loaf pans than the 9 x 5-inch standard ones (8 x 4-inch), which are much better for low-carb loaves and getting a better rise out of them.  Even with this more dense, moist loaf, it rose quite nicely - but not as much as usual.  Also, my pans are very good quality nonstick.  Oh my, I love them!  Now if I only I could say that about my Bundt pans. There is always something one needs in life, right?  Anyway I manage with my old Bundt pans and you can too...check the helpful hints below.

Okay, I went searching and found my lemons! LOL  CLICK HERE  However, these pound cakes would
be even better with real lemons, which are actually tough to come by sometimes in Panama.  We have what looks like green limes that are actually lemons. lol  I don't think we get limes in Panama.




31/4 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR  (750 mL)
  Keto Bake Mix
2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
1/tsp baking soda (2 mL)
1/tsp salt (1 mL)
2 sticks butter, softened (1 cup; 250 mL)
5 eggs
Liquid sweetener to equal 11/cups sugar (375 mL)
3/cup unsweetened almond milk including (175 mL)
 1 tbsp lemon juice*
1/cup granulated sweetener of choice (125 mL)
2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind (30 mL)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice from any lemons you can find (30 mL)
11/tsp unflavored gelatin (7 mL)
Lemon Glaze:
1/cup powdered sweetener (75 mL)
5 tsp lemon juice (25 mL)
21/tsp light-tasting olive oil (12 mL)
5 drops yellow food coloring

Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).

In large bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR Keto Bake Mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.

In food processor or in bowl of mixer, process butter.  Add eggs one at a time while processing.  Add liquid sweetener, almond milk-lemon juice mixture, granulated sweetener, lemon rind, lemon juice and gelatin; process.

Add dry ingredients in 2 steps.  Process.  Pour into two nonstick 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pans**. Bake in oven 45 minutes to an hour, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.  Allow to cool on cake rack in pan 10 minutes.  Loosen sides with a knife.  Invert carefully to remove loaves.  Allow to cool completely on cake rack.

Lemon Glaze:  Place powdered sweetener, lemon juice, olive oil and yellow food coloring in blender.  Blend.  Spread over cooled loaves.

Helpful Hint:  *I was mimicking buttermilk.  To 3/cup measure add lemon juice and the rest almond milk.  Allow to sit a few minutes before using.  **If your loaf pans are old, you'll need to line them with parchment paper (grease pan first so that it sticks better) ... keep the paper high, so that you can lift the loaf out afterwards more easily.  Another way to do it, is to simply cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of your loaf pan.  Grease well and maybe dust with a tiny bit of bake mix.

Yield:  18 slices per loaf
1 slice
106.3 calories
2.7 g protein
9.4 g fat
0.0 g fiber
2.6 g net carbs 


SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and they will not be printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  KINDLES available!

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.