PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI BREAD



PUMPKIN ZUCCHINI BREAD

These loaves were lovely and moist. You can see that in the top photo, right?  These two loaves can easily slice into very thin slices, especially after refrigeration…making the slices much lower in carbs and they are already low! I did not use walnuts, as I'm not a fan, so I made that an optional extra.  Loaves can often take the place of bread in our lives as a medium for butter and also for sugar-free jam, if you like that.  I like something like this for breakfast.  I feel special and spoiled when I have a baked good next to my cup of tea.  

Baking doesn't put weight on me, but it can stop me from losing if I don't do intermittent fasting along with low-carbing (for me that means I skip supper...my husband skips breakfast).  Intermittent fasting along with low-carbing is a no-brainer.  I don't have to count carbs or calories, although I try to keep my carbs within reason and not more than about 50 grams (still considered ketogenic) and on wild days around 100 grams.  I tried doing 20 grams for several months (recorded everything I ate) and for whatever reason, doing that and eating 3 squares, plus snacks...I don't lose.  Everyone is different, so I'm just mentioning it, in case someone out there is like me and can benefit from IFing.



Makes 2 loaves!

4 eggs
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 11/cups sugar (375 mL)
1 cup butter, melted (250 mL)
1 cup canned pumpkin (250 mL)
1/cup granulated erythritol (125 mL)
1 tbsp molasses (15 mL)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
11/tsp unflavored gelatin (7 mL)
31/cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2 (800 mL) (Make 2 or 3 batches at once - that's what I do - I keep it in a sealed container at room temp and my "flour" is ready to go whenever I am in the mood for baking)
2 tsp cinnamon (10 mL)
11/tsp baking soda (7 ml)
11/tsp baking powder (7 mL)
1/tsp nutmeg (2 mL)
1/tsp ground cloves (2 mL)
1/tsp salt (1 mL)
11/cups grated zucchini (375 mL)
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional (250 mL)

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). 

In food processor, or in bowl of mixer, process eggs.  Add liquid sweetener, melted butter, pumpkin, erythritol, molasses, vanilla extract and gelatin.  Process well.

In large bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves and salt.  Stir well to combine.  Add to egg mixture; process.  Stir in zucchini and chopped walnuts, if using.  Pour into two greased (use butter) 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) nonstick pans.  Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack and run knife around edges of pan to loosen loaf. Also if you have a thin, plastic spatula (very thin), you can run it underneath the loaf. Then carefully invert using your one hand to support it low to the surface, invert.

Helpful Hints:  *If you plan on making numerous low-carb loaves, investing in two 8 x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) new, good nonstick loaf pans is a good idea.  Otherwise, if you have old pans, just line with foil or parchment paper (grease pan first) and leave the edges high.  After refrigeration, you can slice this loaf into thin slices - several more than 18 slices!

Yield:  18 slices per loaf (or more slices for even lower carbs but all the taste!)
1 slice
100.0 calories
2.3 g protein
8.8 g fat
0.1 g fiber
2.8 g net carbs 


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 
http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!