PEPPERED ONIONS AND PEPPERS




PEPPERED ONIONS AND PEPPERS
This surprisingly easy recipe is colorful and tasty, making a beautiful side dish for practically any main meal.  I love peppers and onions and often I serve them with my sweet mustard sauce.  To me, that is like the chutney of vegetables.  This dish is more savory and I liked it very much with my steak.  On the dinner plate are my zucchini sticks and roasted potato skins.

1 medium white or red onion (or both!), chopped
3 different color peppers, chopped
1 leek, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp Bacon fat, OR olive oil (30 mL)
Seasoning salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
  
In large frying pan in bacon fat, OR olive oil, over medium heat, fry onions and leeks until onions begin to brown.  Sprinkle with seasoning salt and black pepper, to taste.  Add peppers and stir-fry about 3 minutes more, or until done to your liking.  Sprinkle with seasoning salt and black pepper, to taste.

Yield: 6 servings
1 serving
33.3 calories
1.1 g protein
0.2 g fat
1.6 g fiber
6.2 g net carbs



For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 
http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!