CHEESY HAM, CHICKEN AND BACON CASSEROLE

Click ==> To jump to this RECIPE
BEFORE going in the oven



OUT of the oven!







CHEESY HAM, CHICKEN AND BACON CASSEROLE

This was over-the-top good!  I think you'll love this simple, but high-on-taste recipe, same as my hubby and I did!  It was delicious is all I can say.  If I had not had my Garlic Parsley steak dinner just a little while ago, I would be hungry again just looking at this dinner.  Turns out though, low-carbing is very satiating.  The minute I go off low-carbing and start sampling white flour or sugar....my weight wants to go up (and normally my weight stays pretty stable week after week), let alone the inflammation it causes in the body.  Did you know inflammation can actually be fattening?  I read that somewhere.  If you eat a food that you know you are allergic to and that will cause inflammation in the body, I believe it is fattening.  I am going by memory, but something to Google, if you are interested. 










Ingredients:
6 slices bacon, cut up into small pieces
4 large chicken breasts
Seasoning salt, to taste
4 oz Deli ham slices, four of them (125 g)
4 oz cheese slices, four of them (125 g)
  (Muenster recommended)
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (250 mL) 


Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). 

In frying pan, cook bacon, until just before it gets too crispy.  Remove and save the bacon fat.

Pat chicken dry with paper towels.  Remove any little bits of bone and excess fat.  Slice chicken breasts through, but not all the way, as if you’re going to butterfly them or stuff them.

In frying pan over medium high heat in hot bacon fat, sear chicken breasts on both sides until turning golden in spots, about 6 minutes.  Sprinkle both sides with seasoning salt. Place chicken breast in 9 x 13-inch (2 L) casserole dish.

Stuff each chicken breast with a folded-over slice of ham.  Within each piece of ham, place a folded-over slice of Muenster cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand).  Top with bits of bacon on each chicken breast.

Bake uncovered 10 minutes.  Cover with grated Monterey Jack (or whatever you have) cheese and bake another 20 minutes, or until juices run clear.  If your chicken breasts are very thick, you may need at least another 15 minutes cooking time.  Slice through the thickest part of a breast - it should be white throughout and not pink or use a meat thermometer to be precise; 165°F (74°C).

Yield:  8 servings
1 serving
288.6 calories
41.2 g protein
12.4 g fat
0.0 g fiber
0.6 g net carbs



SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and they will not be printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  KINDLES available! 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support. 

[Sneak a Peek: CLICK on any Cookbook cover below to view all the Photos/Recipes inside]