MUENSTER CHICKEN AND HAM CASSEROLE

Before going in the oven

Out of the oven



MUENSTER CHICKEN AND HAM CASSEROLE

Incredibly easy, but also very tasty indeed!  I served this dish to my son, Jonathan, Yara and Oliver.  Even little Oliver enjoyed this.  He is a very picky eater....takes after his Mom, Yara. ;)  Seriously, though, it is difficult to feed some children.  However, Oliver would follow me into the kitchen and asked to help with all sorts of things - then he would be brave enough to sample some things before breakfast or dinner.  When I opened the refrigerator...he would be in there too!  LOL  Oliver is Yara's son and Jon's adopted son.  He is adorable and a clever little boy who is learning to speak English quickly.  He is Spanish-speaking.  I am still patiently waiting for more grandchildren.  I have two married sons.  I hear it's amazing to hold that little baby grandchild for the first time.  Everyone tells me this!   I do know this.  After my two beloved dogs, Happy and Smiley (adopted at 10 years old) died, I have felt a bit lost, but Jon and Yara's Chihuahua puppies have really helped me a lot.  I love them!  It is not the right time for us to have another dog, but as soon as we can, I would like another dog to love...maybe named, "Fluffy."  :)  Is that corny?  It will have to be a small dog, otherwise it might want to "eat" my grand-puppies who are so small. 

1 whole rotisserie chicken
6 slices (not super-thin) deli ham (6 oz; 180 g)
6 slices Muenster cheese (6 oz; 180 g) - not super thin
Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup,  (Click for recipe)
  (you can leave the mushrooms out, if desired)
Cheese Crumb Topping:
1/cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (125 mL)
1/cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, (75 mL)
  page___, OR almond flour/meal
2 tbsp butter, melted (30 mL)

Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).  Cut chicken up into bite-sized pieces.  Place in 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) glass or ceramic dish.  Cover with ham slices and then cheese slices.  Pour Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, page___ over all, making sure it gets to the chicken underneath.  Bake covered with foil 30 minutes.  Break up the Cheese Crumb Topping and sprinkle over casserole.  Bake another 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Cheese Crumb Topping:  In small bowl, combine Monterey Jack cheese, Gluten-Free Bake Mix, OR almond flour/meal and melted butter.  Sprinkle in 9-inch (23 cm) glass pie dish.  Bake separately in oven until golden brown.  It will crisp up as it cools.

Yield:  6 generous servings
1 serving
405.6 calories
28.0 g protein
31.3 g fat
0.0 g fiber
2.0 g net carbs


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 

http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!