MANGO YOGURT SHAKE


MANGO YOGURT SHAKE

Yes, you can have mangoes in moderation.  I love them!  I think they are like the peaches of the tropics.  That said, this shake is great with firm, yellow peaches or canned peaches (rinse if in sugary juice) as well, so take your pick.  You could even use frozen strawberries, if desired.  It's quite a flexible yogurt shake.  I think Greek Yogurt would be special in this recipe.

1 cup frozen mango pieces, OR (250 mL)
  peach pieces
2 cups thick, plain yogurt (250 mL)
Liquid sweetener, to taste
1/cup ice blocks (125 mL)

In blender, combine yogurt, mango, OR peach pieces (may have to slightly thaw or nuke to remove from container in freezer), liquid sweetener, to taste, and ice blocks.  Blend well until smooth.  Serve immediately.

Helpful Hint:  I find I have to nuke the frozen mango pieces slightly to get them out of their container.  They need to still be frozen though, so don't over-nuke them.

Yield: 31/2 cups (750 mL)
1/cup Mango/Peach
65.3/60.2 calories
3.1/3.2 g protein
2.4/2.3 g fat
4.9/4.5 g net carbs


As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support. We also make money through other affiliate partner links.