CHEWY COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES




CHEWY COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
My daughter-in-law, Yara, loved these cookies.  These are large cookies and one is usually enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.  When I first started baking many years ago, cookies were not my forte, but today it's so easy with my Gluten-Free bake mix.  It takes the guess work out of things when subbing for white flour.  I don't bake nearly as much as I used to in the "olden days", but I still enjoy it.  I sometimes think I bake less nowadays because the weather is almost always warm.  Baking was something I loved to do in the winter in Canada.  I tend to focus more on regular meals these days, but I still have a sweet tooth that needs to be satisfied from time to time.

Note:  I didn't use xanthan gum or gelatin in these, but you can definitely use 1 tsp gelatin, if desired or use the bake mix that requires xanthan gum.  I read somewhere that ground chia seeds could take the place of xanthan gum and gelatin for that matter.  Interesting thought, however, I love the gelatin option these days.

11/2 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR (375 mL)
  Keto Bake Mix, OR (use 1/4 cup more)
  Almond flour PLUS 2 tbsp oat fiber (30 mL)
1/2  tsp baking soda (2 mL)
1/8  tsp salt (0.5 mL)
1/2  cup butter, softened (125 mL)
1 egg
Liquid sweetener to equal 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
1/3  cup granulated erythritol (75 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
1 cup unsweetened, desiccated coconut (250 mL)

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR Keto Bake Mix, OR alternative, baking soda and salt.

In food processor, process butter.  Add egg, liquid sweetener, erythritol and vanilla extract.  Process until smooth.  Add dry ingredients and process until well combined.  Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.

Using cookie scoop {4 tsp (20 mL)}, place mounds of dough on greased cookie sheets.  Leave enough room between cookies as these cookies will spread.  Bake 12 minutes, or until browned underneath and around the edges.  Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet.  Transfer cookies to a plate with a spatula or leave on cookie sheet and freeze cookies until firm.  Keep cookies in airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer, depending on your preference.

Helpful Hints:  Right out of the oven, these cookies are fragile as there is no xanthan gum or gelatin in the recipe.  Allow to cool completely on cookie sheets and follow directions.

Yield:  18 cookies
1 cookie (Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2)/Keto
172.0 calories
2.6 g protein
14.1 g fat
1.7 g net carbs/0.7 g net carbs

Low-Carbing Among Friends makes money through affiliate partner links; if you click on a link, we may earn a commission.  Also we may earn from qualifying purchases made on Amazon