PANCAKE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE





PANCAKE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

Here is a way to use those ultra low-carb pancakes to feed a family.  Serve alongside scrambled eggs or fried tomatoes and you have a big, satiating meal.  Sometimes I like to make brunch - usually it is on a day that I don't particularly want to think about what to make.  Brunches are so easy to throw together and very satisfying.  I often add some fruit on the side as I love mixing salty and sweet flavors. Don't you agree?  Although I haven't tried it yet, chocolate-covered bacon is a favorite for some people and I suspect it is because we love sweet mixed with salty flavors.  Yum!!  Have a wonderful day everyone.  I'm too tired to write more.  I've been putting Facebook posts into the Index on my blog all morning and doing Pinterest as well.  Phew!  Now it is time for me - I need to go and get ready for the day and it is midday over here!  I almost feel like I'm about to turn into a pumpkin! ;)

4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
2 Bratwurst sausages, sliced into rings
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (250 mL) 

Prepare Ultra Low-Carb Pancakes.  Place all 12 of the pancakes in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch (2 L) casserole dish.  Cover with crumbled bacon and sliced sausages.  Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cheese has melted and the casserole is hot.  Serve with low-carb, sugar-free pancake syrup and top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.

Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
297.8 calories
19.3 g protein
8.9 g fat
2.4 g net carbs


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 

http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!