CHOCO CRUMBLE COFFEE CAKE






CHOCO CRUMBLE COFFEE CAKE

The topping on this coffee cake makes it a very substantial chunky, chocolatey, cakey treat!  Folks probably think I eat dessert every single day.  Actually that's not entirely true.  I do like something sweet almost every day but often it is just a piece of fruit, peanut butter (I pretend it's a peanut butter cookie on a spoon - haha), or part of a homemade protein bar or plain yogurt, sweetened.  Desserts that I make are often shared with family or company and more often than not, I freeze leftovers.  Then when I have a craving for baked goodies, I can generally find something in my freezer, although not always.  Bet you didn't know that about me.  I don't bake every day or even every week.   Now I absolutely know that none of you believe me!  LOL  This was such a treat, as you can imagine.  I wish I had a square right now with a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea. Yummy!

PLEASE NOTE:  Highlighted text in the ingredient listing are LINKS to the products!

1/2 cup butter, softened (125 mL)
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) equal to 1 cup (250 mL)
  sugar
2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (30 mL)
1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
2 eggs
11/2 tsp unflavored gelatin (according to latest rules for GF bake mix two)(7 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
21/cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR Keto Bake Mix (560 mL)
1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, OR this one  (125 mL)  
Crumble Topping:
1 tbsp powdered sweetener (15 mL)
2 tsp cocoa (10 mL)
1/cup butter, softened (60 mL)
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, OR this one (250 mL)
1/cup finely chopped almonds (60 mL)

In food processor or in bowl with electric mixer, process butter, liquid sweetener, granulated sweetener, sour cream, eggs, gelatin and vanilla extract. 

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR Keto Bake Mix, baking powder and baking soda.  Add to wet ingredients and process until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly in greased 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) casserole dish.  Sprinkle with Crumble Topping.  Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in cake comes out clean.

Crumble Topping:  In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, powdered sweetener and cocoa.  In small bowl, combine butter and liquid sweetener.  Stir into dry ingredients.  Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.

Yield:  20 servings
1 serving
238.4 calories
5.2 g protein
18.9 g fat
5.1 g net carbs

ANOTHER RECIPE YOU MAY ENJOY



SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This wonderful low-carb/keto collection of cookbooks (tons of photos, coil-bound!) is expected to sell out and they will not be printed again.  Limited stocks; get yours now!  KINDLES available! 

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.