BACON CHEDDAR CHICKEN BREASTS

Please don't judge me for the peas on my plate. ;) It has nothing to do with this recipe. I'm in maintenance-mode most of the time.  Frankly, I never met a pea or a carrot that made me fat, but bread, rice, pasta and sugary desserts do that in no time flat!  So, I know my body.  I'm sure you know your own as well. If you are not in a time and place where you can have peas and carrots yet, then you'll know.


Here is the BEFORE going into the oven pic. I used raw bacon, but it is better to precook a little first!





bacon cheddar chicken breasts
    Delicious and very easy for a quick supper, yet fancy enough to serve to guests as well.  Chicken is very popular in South America.  It is called "pollo".  There are fast food chicken franchises around every corner.  Oh yes, and McDonald's, Kentucky, Taco Bell and all those familiar fast food places are here as well and, of course, people love them because these places are from the first world.  They think that everything in the first world is superior.  The truth is that the restaurants that serve regular food here are much healthier and often cheaper or on a par.  What would you rather have - a big piece of fish (looks like a whale sometimes on one's plate!) with a salad, small baked potato with the works, etc. or McDonald's burger, fries and salad?  Hmm, no brainer for me.  I love fish.  It's all I order practically when I go out to eat.  Sometimes I order other seafood, but mostly I like fish.  I'm usually never disappointed.  My hubby loves to order steak and we have found a restaurant that we enjoy that accommodates us both very nicely.




4 tbsp olive oil (60 mL)
4 large chicken breasts
Seasoning salt, to taste
4 tbsp mayonnaise (60 mL)
6 bacon slices (cook bacon a bit first - not crisp, but somewhat cooked)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (250 mL)
1 tsp dried parsley (5 mL)


Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).  Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with paper towels and remove any large pieces of fat or bits of bone.  Sprinkle both sides with seasoning salt.

In 2 frying pans over medium high heat in hot oil, divided between pans, sear chicken breasts on both sides until turning golden in spots, about 6 minutes.  Place in 9 x 13-inch (2 L) casserole dish.  Cover each breast with 1 tbsp mayonnaise (15 mL).

Cut bacon slices into bits (you can do this by cutting through all the bacon slices at once with a large, sharp serrated knife).  Arrange bacon bits on top of mayonnaise on each breast.  Bake uncovered 30 minutes and then top with Cheddar cheese and sprinkle with parsley.  Bake another 10 minutes until cheese has melted and top is golden brown.  Remove from heat.  Let rest 3 minutes and serve.

Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
356.5 calories
28.9 g protein
25.9 g fat
0.7 g net carbs

SEE our beautiful coil-bound books (last 5 gorgeous, Low-Carbing Among Friends' Team cookbooks,  the coil matches the books): Amongfriends.us/Findourbeautifulrecipebooks  This useful collection of cookbooks is expected to sell out and they will never be reprinted again.  Limited stocks, so get yours while you can!  KINDLE set available!

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.