SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS





 SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP BARS
Such a quick and easy treat.  I used cinnamon in the base, but I think my husband would prefer it plain, as the cinnamon can overpower the chocolate flavor in these fudgy bars.  I liked them with cinnamon very well, but I'm adding that note just in case you're hoping for more of the chocolate flavor to shine through.  You can just as easily break up a chocolate bar or two for the chips - such as Lindt 70% or Chocoperfection bars.  LC Foods makes chocolate buttons that are sweetened with erythritol only and apparently no aftertaste....that sounds like a breakthrough.  You could chop them into bits for chocolate chips.  Lily's chocolate chips are also a good option.

I'm really enjoying this bake mix but the part I like the most is that it's easy, the baking tastes and looks very close to the real thing, plus there is not too much fiber in the bake mix, which both my husband and I are sensitive to, let alone other people I want to serve my goodies to on occasion.  I have tried bake mixes from companies that are very high in fiber and I do not appreciate the bathroom time after the fairly short-lived enjoyment of delicious, baked goodies.    I wish manufacturers would eat their own products!!  LOL  Anyway, hopping off the little soapbox and off to get some other things done in my day.  

NOTE:  This recipe is in Low-Carbing Among Friends, Volume 5, page 153.

12/3  cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, OR Keto Bake Mix (click for recipe) (400 mL)
11/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
1 tsp ground cinnamon, optional (5 mL)
1/8 tsp salt (1 mL)
2 eggs
6 tbsp butter, softened (90 mL)
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 3/cup sugar (175 mL)  
1/4 cup granulated sweetener (60 mL)
1 tsp unflavored gelatin (5 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
1 cup sour cream (250 mL)
1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, OR this one  (250 mL)

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).  In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon (if using) and salt.

In food processor, process eggs.  Add butter, liquid sweetener, granulated sweetener, gelatin and vanilla extract; process about 3 minutes and allow to sit for 5 minutes or so for the gelatin to soften.  Add in Bake Mix mixture and sour cream alternately and process until incorporated.  Spread evenly in 9 x 13-inch (23 cm x 33 cm) casserole dish.  Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of batter and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.  Allow to cool completely and then cut into bars.

Yield:  36 bars
1 bar
76.0 calories
1.6 g protein
5.9 g fat
1.6 g net carbs

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.  Here is my Amazon store for more of my favorite products: AMAZON STORE  Thank you for your support.