BREADED FRIED FISH





BREADED FISH
Here is a quick and easy fish dish, as long as you already have my bake mix on hand.  My hubby loves this.  You can use any white fish fillets that you prefer and which are readily available.  We live in a country where fish and seafood is so abundant.  9 times out of 10 when we go to a restaurant for a meal, I choose fish or seafood.  This is an easy and delicious way to increase healthy Omega-3's in our diet as we mostly overdo the Omega-6's.  Even my new, very picky daughter-in-law (when it comes to food) liked this.  I had a lot of practice with picky eaters when the boys were growing up.  I often had to make several options in order to keep everyone happy and satisfied.  To this day my eldest son won't eat raw tomatoes and my youngest son won't eat peas or eggplant.  My eldest son has never been a big fan of desserts or chocolate (this one I cannot understand), but he will eat apple anything and for special occasions, he loves it when I make apple pies from my first cookbook, Splendid Desserts, one that was published when I was only 35 years of age.  Little did I know at the time that I'd just carved a career for myself that was not always an easy one, albeit an enjoyable one.

2 lbs fish fillets (0.9 kg)
1/3 cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix 1,  OR  Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2 (75 mL)
(you could possibly use almond flour, mixed with a tbsp of coconut flour instead)
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese (45 mL)
1/2 tsp Italian herbal seasoning (2 mL)
1/8 tsp seasoning salt (1 mL)
1/8 tsp black pepper (1 mL)
1/8 tsp paprika (1 mL)
3 eggs
1 tbsp water (15 mL)
Olive oil for frying
Lemon wedges (optional)

Wash fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.  On dinner plate combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, Parmesan cheese, Italian herbal seasoning, seasoning salt, black pepper and paprika.  In medium bowl, beat eggs with water.

Dip fish fillets in “Flour” mixture first and then in egg wash, allowing excess egg to drip back into the bowl.  In large frying pan in hot olive oil, fry fillets over medium heat 5 minutes on the one side, turn and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until done.  Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings
1 serving 
224.6 calories
31.9 g protein
9.0 g fat
1.7 g net carbs



For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 

http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!