ENGLISH MUFFIN

I love my English Muffin recipe - simple, quick and tasty!




TOASTED ENGLISH MUFFIN

I love this crispy English Muffin recipe. It is a take off of the one minute muffin (made with flax meal) on Lowcarfriends.com, but some of them have a sponge-like texture and this one does not.  This recipe was born the day I opened my refrigerator and found nothing to spread my homemade Strawberry Jam on.  Try it – you will feel like you are cheating without a conscience.  We love it. This is a bland English muffin just like the original and just like the original, it has holes in it. One way I make my man happy is to provide a means for spreading his beloved butter.  I think butter might be his favorite food group, no kidding.  LOL

Note:  My hubby taught me to fry/toast this muffin pan in a nonstick pan with bacon fat or light olive oil.  Yummy that way.  Now add your eggs, ham and cheese.  

1 egg
1/tsp salt (0.5 mL)
1/4 tsp baking powder (1 mL)
2 tbsp shredded Monterey Jack (30 mL)
  cheese
  
In cereal bowl, beat egg and salt with fork.  Add Gluten-Free Bake Mix and baking powder.  Whisk in well with fork.  Stir in Monterey Jack cheese until well combined.

Nuke 1 minute and 10 seconds.  Immediately loosen sides and invert muffin.  Using a good, serrated bread knife, slice horizontally in two.  Set an ordinary toaster to the last setting and toast.  If desired, toast it one more time after that as well (maybe not for the full length of time - depends).

Helpful Hints:  The muffin should be dry when inverted; i.e. no wet, soft spots in the center.  My microwave oven is a Panasonic Inverter, 1200 watts.  Your timing may differ quite a lot depending on the strength or wattage of your microwave oven.  This bread-like muffin may be used toasted for a variety of sandwiches.  What is neat about this recipe is that it is ready in a jiffy.  It doesn’t come more convenient than that!

It is bland like an English muffin (have you ever had one not toasted?), therefore, great toasted and buttered with sugar-free preserves or a little honey and shredded cheese to go with a cup of tea or coffee any time of day. Yummy!  

Yield:  1 serving
1 whole English Muffin (2 halves)
223.2 calories
13.1 g protein
16.0 g fat
5.2 g net carbs

For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:
Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 
http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!