THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Monday, May 7, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie







CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
The first day, this pie is softer and creamier, but the next day it is quite solid and I think I prefer it the next day. It is rich!  It is also so ridiculously good that it was gone in less than 24 hours and only Ian and I were eating it. Chocolate and Peanut Butter - the perfect pairing!  I totally overate this weekend and even today. It was Jon's birthday week (May 1st is his birthday) and I used it as an excuse to bake - Made Chunky Chocolate Chip cookies (on my blog), Chocolate Layer Cake (new recipe) and an Apple Cake - and then this decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. The boys visited us on the mountain. I made a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, such as Mock Sweet Potato Pie, Hot German Bacon Potato Salad (for my eldest son - his favorite), veggies including deep fried plantain (totally over the top decadent, using ripe plantain - tastes like donuts almost - but chewy and crispy). Phew! Sheer decadence!. Yep, and we won't count that before the turkey dinner, we had a big brunch with my low-carb English Muffins, fried eggs, bacon and fruit salad. Ugh, I said to Ian that today I didn't want to eat much and could I just make him a quick couple of English Muffins and he could add breakfast fixings. However, I saw his longing for pizza and melted, so we had Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Pizza, page 64, Splendid Low-Carbing for Life, Volume-1 with my German Bacon Salad on page 22. LOL NOW I really need to steer clear of the scale for a few days, while I have some slightly more spartan days. Yikes!! Jennifer

Crust:
2/3  cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (150 mL)
  page___
2/3  cup ground almonds (150 mL)
1/3  cup butter, softened (75 mL)
Liquid sucralose to equal 1/3  cup (75 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular
1/8 tsp salt (1 mL)
Filling:
8 oz cream cheese (250 g)
3/4  cup peanut butter (175 mL)
Liquid sucralose to equal 1/2 cup (125 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular
1/3  cup Steviva Blend®, powdered (75 mL)
1/4  cup heavy cream (60 mL)
Chocolate Topping:
1/2 cup whole milk powder, OR skim milk powder (125 mL)
  (finely ground – available in Mexican section or in Costco)
Liquid sucralose to equal 1/2 cup (125 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular
1/3  cup Steviva Blend®, powdered (5 mL)
1/4  cup heavy cream (60 mL)
1/4  cup butter, melted (60 mL)
2 tbsp water (30 mL)
2 tsp olive oil (10 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted (60 g)

Crust:  Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, ground almonds, butter, liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular and salt.  Place in 9-inch (23 cm) glass baking dish.  Cover with plastic wrap; press crust to cover bottom of pie dish.  Bake 10 minutes.  Allow to cool.

Filling:  In food processor, process cream cheese.  Add peanut butter, liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular, Steviva Blend®; process.  Add heavy cream; process. Pour over crust and smooth out.  Pour Chocolate Topping over top and spread out, but leave some of the peanut butter filling showing.

Chocolate Topping:  In food processor with sharp S-blade, process milk powder, liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular, Steviva Blend®, heavy cream, butter, water, olive oil and vanilla extract until smooth.  Add melted chocolate; process.

Yield:  12 servings
1 serving
379.8 calories
9.7 g protein
34.9 g fat
8.7 g carbs

1 comment:

mac24312 said...

;)
Glad u had SO much fun!! Trying this pie for my mother day to me. ;) can't wait for the next book!
Thanks so much!
Christina