Old Fashioned Bangers and Mash (GF)

Bangers and mash is one of my favorite meals (must be the British in me).  I still enjoy it today but replace the mashed potatoes with cauli-mash.  I have yet to try rutabaga mash - my friend, Margaret, made that for me once or twice with a little carrot cooked in as well - and it was really delicious!




BUTTERY CAULI MASH
My usual cauli-mash contains cream cheese and cream and butter.  This recipe is a lot simpler and very tasty!  However, if you find your cauli-mash is not thick enough, adding a 1/4 cup grated Mozzarella cheese will do wonders for the texture!
                                                                                 
1 medium-sized cauliflower 
1/4  cup butter (60 mL)  
3/tsp salt (3 mL)
1/4  tsp white pepper (1 mL)                   

In big pot of hot water, place whole, trimmed cauliflower.  Bring to the boil and cook covered until very tender to the tip of a knife.  Remove cauliflower.  Place in food processor; process.  Add butter, salt and pepper and process until well combined.

Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
105.8 calories
3.1 g protein
8.0 g fat
5.2 g carbs