THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Old Fashioned Bangers and Mash (GF)

Bangers and mash is one of my favorite meals (must be the British in me).  I still enjoy it today but replace the mashed potatoes with cauli-mash.  I have yet to try rutabaga mash - my friend, Margaret, made that for me once or twice with a little carrot cooked in as well - and it was really delicious!




BUTTERY CAULI MASH
My usual cauli-mash contains cream cheese and cream and butter.  This recipe is a lot simpler and very tasty!
                                                                                 
1 medium-sized cauliflower 
1/4  cup butter (60 mL)  
3/tsp salt (3 mL)
1/4  tsp white pepper (1 mL)                   

In big pot of hot water, place whole, trimmed cauliflower.  Bring to the boil and cook covered until very tender to the tip of a knife.  Remove cauliflower.  Place in food processor; process.  Add butter, salt and pepper and process until well combined.

Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
105.8 calories
3.1 g protein
8.0 g fat
5.2 g carbs

No comments: