THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Freezer Peanut Butter Cookies (GF)




FREEZER PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
These soft cookies have a more subtle peanut butter flavor and, frankly, they are probably one of the nicer ones I have made. Keep them in the freezer.  At first I used 1/3 cup (75 mL) erythritol, however, there is a cooling effect.  I suspect xylitol would be fine to use instead, but give it a skip if you have dogs.  Xylitol is deadly for dogs.  I dare not use it on account of Smiley.
 
1/2 cup butter (125 mL)
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (125 mL)
1 egg
Liquid sucralose to equal 3/4 cup (175 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular
3 tbsp granulated erythritol (45 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
1 cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (250 mL)
  page___
1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).  In food processor, process butter, peanut butter and egg until smooth.  Add liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular, granulated erythritol and vanilla extract; process.  Add Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, baking powder and baking soda.  Process until smooth (the batter will be moist).

Drop tablespoonfuls on greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 minutes or until brown underneath.  Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet.  Transfer to sealed container and place in freezer.

Helpful Hints:  These cookies would probably be very nice with a frosting such as the Betty Crocker® -like frosting, page___.

Yield:  24 cookies
1 cookie
90.2 calories
2.3 g protein
8.2 g fat
1.8 g carbs

9 comments:

Tina said...

Happy New Year! Hope you enjoyed the holidays.
Your peanut butter cookies do look delicious and I have a few bar cookies that are better from the freezer also. You do have a talent when it comes to Gluten Free and that talent is so much in demand these days-it seems like food allergies is something that is definitely on the rise.
Enjoy the day!

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year, Tina! I think you would have that talent too, Tina. :) You have a lot of baking experience.

Lizzy Do said...

Ooh, these look yummy, Jennifer! I adore pb cookies :)

Ann said...

These cookies look amazing - the picture looks like they have a terrific texture! I hope you had a GREAT holiday!

Jennifer said...

They are pretty good straight out of the freezer - still a soft cookie.

Thanks, Lizzy. I should check out your peanut butter cookies sometime.

buttoni said...

Mmmmm. Now those look good. May have to make myself a half batch. My hubby doesn't like peanuts or peanut butter.....in anything.

Carolyn said...

Those look fantastic, Jennifer. You know, whenever I want to use Erythritol without the cooling, I use about 1/4 cup Zsweet and then sweeten it the rest of the way with stevia (like 15-25 drops). I don't ever notice cooling with that combo.

Jennifer said...

Zsweet sounds good. I have some Steviva blend and it tastes pretty good but I can't have it in excess as it causes tummy issues. I wish I liked Stevia or could taste it as sweet - it tastes weird to me - almost bitter. Judy Barnes Baker did a post on that and said that it is the case for a few people, but not all. Interesting. Good job we can all use our own preferred sweeteners. As long as I don't use too much erythritol then the cooling effect is not noticeable.

Jennifer said...

Oh Peggy that is rough for you! Sorry I missed your comment earlier.