THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes (GF)



FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES

Delicious, hearty pancakes for breakfast.

Homemade Buttermilk:
1 tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
2/cup Carolyn’s Low-Carb Milk, (150 mL)
  page___
Pancakes:
11/8  cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (300 mL)
  page___
1 tbsp baking powder (15 mL)
Liquid sucralose to equal 2 tbsp (30 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular
1 egg
2 tbsp olive oil (30 mL)
1/4  tsp salt (1 mL)

Homemade Buttermilk:  In measuring cup, pour lemon juice and fill with Carolyn’s Low-Carb Milk, page___.  Set aside 5 minutes.

Pancakes:  In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___ and baking powder. In food processor, process egg.

To food processor with egg, add homemade buttermilk along with olive oil and salt; process.  Add dry ingredients; process l minute. 

Onto greased, hot nonstick frying pan, pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter.  Spread out with back of a spoon.  Flip when underside is done and cook briefly again until done and sides of pancakes feel dry to the touch

Helpful Hints:  To get perfectly round pancakes, purchase 2 to 4 pancake rings.  Spray inside of rings with nonstick cooking spray.  Place on greased, hot nonstick pan.  Pour or scrape 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter into ring.  After 1 minute, remove ring with tongs and flip to cook other side.

Yield:  8 pancakes
1 pancake
117.7 calories
3.9 g protein
9.3 g fat
4.0 g carbs

8 comments:

Lizzy said...

Beautiful pancakes! You do such a service making and sharing picture perfect dishes for those who can't tolerate gluten. These pancakes are an excellent example!

Sandra said...

Delicious looking pancakes..Well done! Have a great weekend!

angie on maui said...

Oh, this looks so delicious! When my husband and I went back to vist my family in CA earlier this month, my Momma made me gluten-free pancakes. I wasn't sure I would like them, but oh my word, they were SO GOOD! They were delicious and fluffy and just as good as the pancakes from my childhood.

Your photo is making me extra hungry. Now I feel like having breakfast for dinner. :)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Ann said...

Wow - don't these look delicious! That they're low carb and gluten free is incredible!

Tina said...

These look simply delicious. Gluten free does not have to mean limited and tasteless-well done! While I do not have any restrictions, I sure could enjoy these-yum!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Sandra and Ann. :)

Jennifer said...

You are right, Tina. These taste like the real thing too.

Christy said...

Awww, pancakes are always good, but it's so hard for me to find a good one around here :p
I love the low-carb recipe you used too ;)