THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies and Chunky Peanut Butter Banana Cookies (GF)





PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
If you like peanut butter, then these cookies should be a hit.  If you freeze them, they actually become crunchy. The Peanut Butter Banana variation is super and probably my favorite of the two (Ian prefers the former) – they become chewy if you freeze them.  Photos:  the bottom photo depicts the ones with banana in them - chunky, softer cookies.
1/2 cup butter, softened (125 mL)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, (125 mL)
  no sugar added
1 egg
Liquid sucralose to equal 3/4 cup (175 mL)
  SPLENDA® Granular
1/4  cup granulated erythritol (60 mL)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
1/2 tsp molasses (2 mL)
11/4  cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix, (300 mL)
  page___
1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
Powdered “Sugar” Topping:
2 tbsp SPLENDA® Granular (30 mL)
2 tbsp granulated erythritol (30 mL)
1/8 tsp xanthan gum (0.5 mL)

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).  In food processor, combine butter, peanut butter and egg; process.  Add liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular, vanilla extract and molasses; process.

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___, baking powder and baking soda.  Add to peanut butter mixture and process at least one minute.  Make 1-inch (2.5 cm) dough balls.  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern on the top.  If the fork sticks to the dough, first dip the fork in the powdered “sugar.”  Bake 12 to 14 minutes. 

Powdered “Sugar” Topping:  In blender, combine SPLENDA® Granular, granulated erythritol and xanthan gum.  Blend.  Sprinkle baked cookies with topping.

Yield:  22 cookies
1 serving
103.7 calories
2.6 g protein
9.3 g fat
2.3 g carbs


Variation:  Chunky Peanut Butter Banana Cookies:  Use 2 eggs, 1/3 cup (75 mL) erythritol and 11/2 cups (375 mL) Gluten-Free Bake Mix, page___ and half of a small banana. 
Yield:  24 cookies, 1 cookie: (105.6 calories; 2.8 g protein; 9.1 g fat; 2.8 g carbs)

16 comments:

Carolyn said...

Both versions sound great!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Carolyn. I know your family loves peanut butter. :)

Ginny said...

Looks awesome Jennifer!

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Ginny! :)

Pegasuslegend said...

Love both but your photos are just postively amazing I am drawn right in!

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Claudia - that is high praise.

Lizzy said...

Now I'm craving pb cookies! I just make them once in a blue moon, but love the suckers :) Thanks for sharing your yummy looking gluten free recipes~

Ann said...

YUMMY! Since I prefer a crispy cookie - I suspect the peanut butter would be my personal preference....who am I kidding?! I'll take either one!

Jennifer said...

I'm the same, Lizzy...just make them once in a while. I actually prefer my pumpkin cookies, but the ones with banana in them are super - lovely and chunky.

Jennifer said...

LOL Ann!

Tina said...

These do look like a hearty and filling cookies! They would disappear quickly at my house-yum! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Yep, hearty is the way to describe them, Tina. :)

easyfoodsmith said...

Love both the versions! I am gonna try them soon...

Jennifer said...

I hope you like it!

Cassie/Bake Your Day said...

These look amazing. PB cookies are my favorite!

Jennifer said...

I can't say PB cookies are my faves, but the banana PB one was nicer to me.