THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Friday, November 4, 2011

More Thanksgiving Ideas - this time for breakfast!

Thanksgiving in America has interesting roots.  It started with early Pilgrim settlers on Dec. 13th, 1621 when they were so thankful to God for a bountiful harvest after many starved to death in the winter before.  The native Indians helped them reap the harvest.

Pumpkin muffins  with a nice cup of coffee or tea.

Strawberry Cream Cheese-filled Crepes (GF) for breakfast   - add a sausage and some scrambled egg for a King or Queen's breakfast!  Totally yummy - but you might want to have an evening dinner then. This should tide one over until then. :)

Donna's Pancakes for breakfast (GF)




6 comments:

Ann said...

Yum! We have french toast made with eggnog for Thanksgiving....this year, whatever we have, it will be lighter than that!

Low Carb Daily said...

I love your Thanksgiving ideas!

Jennifer said...

I'm also trying not to make Thanksgiving dinner too fattening this year. One of the ways to do that is to not to go back for seconds and nibble the appetizers only.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Low Carb Daily.

Lizzy said...

All 3 look delicious! I don't know which I'd choose to make first...

Jennifer said...

Me - I'd make the crepe breakfast. However, the crepes are a red light food for me and I only make them occasionally. They're too much like the real thing and if I put butter and honey on it - then I'm out of control.