THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Do you know about Sugar Addiction Awareness Day?



I believe it is today - 30th October!!  Here is an interesting podcast with two women interviewed by Dr. Robert Su.

"Ms. Escher is the organizer of a campaign, the first “Sugar Addiction Awareness Day October 30, 2011.” She is a former sugar addict and has been actively helping prevent others from falling into the same trap, from which she has successfully escaped with lots of efforts.
Ms. Kvist is a nutritionist who joins Ms. Escher in this important movement with her enormous knowledge in carbohydrate addiction."


Dr. Su also wrote an interesting article about carbohydrate addiction.

6 comments:

Ginny said...

LOL! Love that picture. That was me before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I craved sweets and I craved bread. I would lower my fat and calories to 1000 cal. or lower and gain weight sometimes, or not lose, and just be starving until I had to have it. Such a vicious cycle! I'm so glad to be free of that now.

Ann said...

Interesting that the date selected is the day before the biggest candy holiday around! I'm a lover of both, but I try to indulge wisely.....I don't always succeed, but I ALWAYS try!

Jennifer said...

That's an interesting story, Ginny. I am also so glad you are free of that. Now you are a role model.

Jennifer said...

Ann, that is good that you try. I think surrounded by temptation, it is difficult for anybody.

RVcook said...

"My name is Donna and I'm a carboholic"...lol!

I usually do pretty well managing my sugar consumption, but I've been on a dark chocolate 'bender' lately and even though it does not contain much sugar, I still find that it is difficult to NOT have it. I have been fighting this battle my entire life and have seen firsthand the damaging affects of consuming unlimited amounts of sugar as a child. We may as well just call it "kiddie crack"...because that it surely what it is!

Jennifer said...

Sorry for the delay in posting your comment. I just finally got on a computer - that makes a change!

Hmm, I love chocolate but it doesn't love me anymore. Kiddie crack - wow, I think most of us have been addicted at some point - me included!