THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Announcing Our New Cookbook, Low-Carbing AMONG FRIENDS, Low-Carb and Gluten-Free!


I am very excited to announce the new cookbook - a low-carb and gluten-free cookbook - a collaboration between friends. Hope you, my blog friends, enjoy looking at the website for the cookbook.  Here is the website which my son, Jonathan, designed.


P.S.  I have to tell you folks that it has been my distinct pleasure to edit the recipes in the cookbook again and again. Many a time I have become hungry reading the lovely recipes.  This cookbook is going to be my "go-to" cookbook in the kitchen.  The recipes from everyone sound so amazing and there are some that I can't wait to make and some that I have already made...unable to wait!

Haha - I just saw what my husband wrote on the promo website.  He is having fun!

It's planned launch date? 11-Nov-2011 (11/11/11) a date which only happens once every 100 years. For this team of 11 talented low-carbers, all their many helpers, as well as for the whole low-carbing world ...  it's their date with destiny! It's also Remembrance Day, and besides the WWI vets, we want to remember Dr. Atkins, to honor his contributions to low-carbing. Where would many of us be today without his dedication and steadfast belief in this low-carb way of living? Join us for coffee or tea, chat to us about  your concerns ... you are "Among Friends!" And by the way,  for those intrigued by numbers, this year we're going to experience four unusual dates. 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 and that's not all...Take the last two digits of the year in which you were born -now add the age you will be this year, and the result will be 111 for everyone...!! This year October will have 5 Sundays, 5 Mondays and 5 Saturdays. This happens only every 823 years... We made the announcement  of this book on Monday 17th October, 2011, making this a "Rare cookbook" in so many ways, but most of all, because it's 100% Low-Carb, 100% Gluten-free & Sugar-free, with all of it's recipes still being rich, tasty, filling, healthy & easy to prepare! It's #1 ... truly 1  of a kind in our Low-Carb world!

30 comments:

easyfoodsmith said...

I visited the website for the cookbook. It looks good...the recipes in there look wonderful. All the best to you all :)

Steve Parker, M.D. said...

Re: the new book's website.
The food picturs scrolling across the top are very enticing. I love that feature.

Good luck with the book. I can't wait to try it out!

-Steve

gharkness said...

Jen, how exciting! I just ordered my copy - can't think of a bunch of low carb authors I'd rather support! Bravo! And I don't care when it ships - I just want one!

RVcook said...

WOW...I am so happy for your accomplishment and I know it was no easy feat...lol! The design of the book looks great and the promo website has a lot of good information on it. You are one talented lady and I (for one) think that this book may change people's view of living a gluten-free lifestyle which has been simplified through this effort. So CONGRATULATIONS my friend! I can't wait to read the finished work :)

Jennifer said...

Donna, thank you, my friend. No, it was no easy feat but I think all the other books were teaching me how to do this one! I will tell Jon that you like the design of the book. Thank you for that nice comment. Ian's been working hard on putting info on the website. I can't wait to read it either! I can't wait to hold it in my hands.

Jennifer said...

Georgene - thanks so much! You are funny! ((HUGS)) Hopefully, it ships on time and arrives quickly. I'm hoping the same thing but I think you will get it before I do!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Dr. Parker. I will tell Jonathan what you said about the scrolling pictures! :) Now is the time to broadcast the cookbook. I will be in touch shortly.

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Easyfoodsmith, for your kind words.

Anne H said...

Cute little hash marks... the little book counting the days till it gets "hatched"!!
Congrats!!

Jennifer said...

Haha - trust you to think deeply about that, Anne!

Juliana said...

Just came back from the website...looks awesome!
Hope you have a great week and good luck Jennifer :-)

Jennifer said...

Juliana, thank you for your kind words. Have a great week too and thanks for the best wishes.

Christine's Pantry said...

Congrats on your cookbook.

Jennifer said...

Had to put this comment here:

Dear Jennifer,
Glad I saw this in time to order for the first printing! We have been out of town and when I returned I saw I was running late to catch your runaway train! Congratulations! I am sure that with all the talent that created this new cookbook, it will be a huge success and help even more people to a healthier way of life!

Can't wait to try out these new recipes! Love, Deb

Jennifer said...

And this one:

Jen I am overwhelmed at how beautiful the food is
photographed and set up. Your son made a wonderful
cover, so creative.

I am going to get one book for
my daughter Chris, who has low carbed since her
visit with me in June and one for my dear friend Carol

I loved reading all the comments from the authors.
This is soooo exciting, I feel like I am a part of it.
It is gorgeous and I cannot wait to inhale it and cook.

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Christine. :)

Jennifer said...

And this one I wanted to share as well from Cathy:


The pictures are so good! Mmmmm!! I've already ordered mine!

Jennifer said...

P.S. Forgot to mention these are all emails that I received. :)

Ann said...

Congratulations! I LOVE the launch date! I am thrilled for you!

Jennifer said...

Oh thank you so much, Ann. (((HUGS))) Me too - love the launch date!

Cassie//Bake Your Day said...

Congrats on your cookbook Jennifer! I'm excited to hear more about it!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Cassie - thank you - hey, like your new photo!

Philis said...

I ordered my copy last night & have been wondering if there will be a lot of pictures inside the book?

Thanks for the hard work, Jennifer, it is genuinely appreciated.

It is quite special to have the help of the men in your life with the project!

In His grace,

Philis

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Philis. I wish I could say yes. Unfortunately, it costs a fortune to do that and we didn't have that fortune. ;)

There will be pics on the website and on our blogs and the Kindle and Nook versions should have more pics.

Yes, it's very special to have the help of my men. This book would not be a reality without them.

Ginny said...

What a great job Jennifer!! So excited for you all! It looks wonderful!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Ginny. Hope you will join us as an author in next year's cookbook!

Ginny said...

I sure plan to and am excited already! :)

Jennifer said...

Awesome!

Vanessa said...

Oh Jennifer, today's post (on my site) is promoting your book! :) Hugs, my friend!

Jennifer said...

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful post, Vanessa. You're good! :) I like the size of the book image - awesome!