THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Recipe Reminder - Crepes with Strawberry Sauce (GF)

UPDATE:  These make a nice soft, gluten-free and low-carb tortilla for a savory filling as well; not quite a tortilla but it works!

I made crepes again today.  I also made savory mince on the side and stir fried chopped veggies into it - like onion, green onions, one small tomato and 1/2 an orange pepper.  I seasoned the beef with No Salt, Hys seasoning salt (or Lawrys - check no MSG) and Italian seasoning and a little soy sauce for extra flavor.  I spread the crepes with the cream cheese filling and topped it off with strawberry sauce.  This was a very filling brunch and something different for a change.  The whey protein powder is not necessary in the crepe batter.  You may leave it out.  I reduced the xanthan gum to 1/8 tsp - that was fine too.  Hope some of you try these.  You won't be disappointed.

These crepes are the real deal - they taste like regular crepes.  I cannot stand low-carb tasting crepes and pancakes.  I have just gone off of that completely.   I don't even like almond meal in crepes and pancakes.  It does not taste authentic to me.  Anyway these are low-carb and gluten-free, however, here is the link to some really low-carb crepes that are not bad either.


4 comments:

Eftychia said...

Your crepe look perfect! Today I posted a post with strawberries as well :-)

Jennifer said...

Thank you! I know I spotted your post. Awesomely beautiful.

Amy said...

Jennifer, these crepes are beautiful! Nothing beats a dessert with fresh berries in the summer months :)!

Jennifer said...

You are right, Amy. I love the summer. We have summer all year in the city and a mix of summer, spring and sort of winterish/rainy on the mountain depending on the time of year. After almost 30 years in the Great White North, this makes a lovely change and I'm enjoying it.