THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Skinny Gene Associated with Disease Risk   and     The Skinny Gene Project is a diabetes prevention organization.

That was an interesting read in Reuters.  Also, this excerpt is interesting:

"Heart disease is the world's biggest killer, claiming 17.1 million lives a year, according to the World Health Organization. Experts say a global epidemic of obesity is threatening to cause a wave of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
A study published Saturday found that the number of adults around the world with diabetes has more than doubled since 1980 to 347 million -- a far larger number than previously thought."


Anonymous said...

I am looking for a low carb strawberry shortcake receipe. Would you have one ?

Jennifer said...

Funny, I don't think so. I had one in my diabetes cookbook but I don't think I ever did a LC version. Hmm, something to keep in mind. Thanks for the reminder.