THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Have To Tell You About a Fabulous New Blog! Fluffy Chix Cook!



If you have not discovered this new blog, then hurry on over to check out Fluffy Chix Cook.  She is one seriously talented cook and her photos and blog are exquisitely well done.  She leans a bit more towards gourmet cooking by the looks of things, which means I can learn a lot from her! Susie's fantastic sense of humor and energy which jumps off the screen practically is bound to put you in a great mood! 

From the moment I "met" Susie (aka Pooti or Pooticus) on Lowcarbfriends, I knew she was one intelligent woman!  She has gone low-carb like the rest of us, but throw in a few more challenges for Susie; she is gluten-free and has an allergy to nuts (or maybe only almonds, I forget now) and something else, I thought.  Susie has lost over 70 pounds low-carbing and plans to lose quite a bit more, but she takes it in her stride, as this is a way of life for her now.  Her story is very touching:  read it here.  You can tell Susie is the kind of person we all like to have as a friend; genuine, doesn't take herself seriously, loves to laugh (did I mention she is so witty and funny!) and works hard at pleasing and helping others as well.

Susie, thank you so much for your support of my blog and work and just simply also for being such a good friend.  (((HUGS)))  Love your blog - keep up the amazing work!  You will be helping so many people eat well and live healthier lives.

12 comments:

susiet said...

Oh my gosh! What a surprise!!! Thank you so much for your support Jenn and for all the work you do on behalf of low carbers and also people who have gluten sensitivities.

As a food blogger, it didn't take me long to realize how much work goes into producing every post. I naively figured, "Meh, I can spare an hour..." LOL!


I know your beautiful recipes and considered posts take hours and hours to produce, and that's not even including making recipes and perfecting them. :) So hugs right back to you and I really appreciate your friendship and support!!!

Now - can you just send that delicious carrot cake you made (you know, it's the one in the post right below this?) for delivery tomorrow at my house? Kthanks! ;)

Jennifer said...

Yep, lots of work, but nothing quite as elaborate as what you get up to on your blog - makes my head spin! Love to oblige with the carrot cake but I ate it all save one piece for tomorrow. Pity we are not neighbors, hey? What fun we would have!

susiet said...

OMG. That would be so fun. Hey neighbor! Can I borrow a cup of erythritol? LOL, when was the last time you heard that? :)

But heck, you have paradise in your backyard, so maybe we will have to move to your neighborhood! :)

Jennifer said...

ROFL When was the first time I heard that? Right now! You make me crack up. You're right it is so pretty here at the moment just before the rainy season hits big time. I live in a rain forest/jungle high on a mountain (with high speed internet!) so you might not think of it as quite so idyllic. I do like it though - prefer the rain to the snow these days - and can't get enough of the tropical vegetation.

susiet said...

Sounds beautiful! Give me a low carb boat drink and a pool boy and I will be your kitchen crew for free! :)

Jennifer said...

Smile

Ginny said...

Oh wow! Thanks for posting the site Jennifer! And thanks Susie for doing it! :) It looks fabulous!!! I'm definitely going to visit often.

Ginny

Jennifer said...

Your videos and recipes are awesome too, Ginny. Should mosey on over and see what you've been up to lately!

Anne H said...

Awesome - thanks for the link!

Jennifer said...

Hi Anne - hope you are well. Nice to see you.

susiet said...

Hiya ladies! Thanks so much for coming to visit today! I poured you a cuppa decaf but ya didn't drink so I had to. :hmmmph!: LOL, if only I had Jenn's carrot cake to keep my decaf company! :)

Will make rounds soon to see your blogs. Right now I'm off to burn some pork ribs. Wish me luck! :hugs:

Jennifer said...

LOL Susie - hmmm, you burn pork ribs - likely story! (wink)