THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hmmm - Made My Foccacia Bread Again

FOCCACIA - Click on the photo to see a delicious-looking, big image!

Here is the RECIPE!

Hmm, so good!  This time I withheld the cheese and spread the batter on the greased foil, sprinkled the cheese over it and lightly folded it in, but not completely and lightly sprinkled with a bit more cheese.  Oh yum!!  My husband loves this.  For now this makes a great gluten-free low-carb bread substitute. One can even slice each slice in half (horizontally) and then there is more surface for spreading butter.  I will be working on something else as well that will suffice as a good gluten-free bread substitute.  Hope I am successful.  I was sent something on making a sourdough starter.  Oh my, how complicated it seems and I don't do complicated, so I'll be looking at something a lot simpler.

12 comments:

RVcook said...

OK...I'm absolutely making this one today. Who can resist soft, delicious, warm bread with butter??? I'm on it!

Donna

Jennifer said...

ROFL I hope you like it as much as we do, Donna. Will be writing to you soon. ((HUGS))

Ginny said...

Oh that looks wonderful Jennifer! I need to get myself back into the kitchen!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Ginny. I look forward to seeing what you get up to in your kitchen. ((HUGS))

penney said...

Can you use your Ultimate bake mix for any of your Non Gluten recipes?
Thx!

Jennifer said...

I think so. Just be prepared for some changes you may need to make - i.e. more bake mix or less liquid. My baking recipes are very simple and such changes usually are not a problem.

susiet said...

Wow it looks wonderful Jenn!

I'm inches away from making some of your GF Mix and then making lemon bar crusts! Just have to be able to break away from the puter to get to the kitchen!! Can't wait. :)

Just have to get through another couple pieces of RR Coconut version foccacia here and then will try this recipe for certain. Salivating as we speak! Lovely photos!

Jennifer said...

Ooh, Susie, I sure hope you will share your lemon bar crust recipe sometime. Sounds yummy! Thanks for the comment about the photo - you know what? I took it! I'm learning. Almost all the latest photos, I took, and what's more, I'm a total novice! Ian has always taken my photos for me. He is much better than I am obviously.

RVcook said...

I finally made this today and all I can say is WOW!!! It was luscious. The taste is spot on...the texture is wonderful and I can see this becoming a very adaptable recipe. Perhaps embellished with hot peppers and taco seasonings cut into wedges for an appetizer or with cinnamon and sweetener for dessert. Maybe as a base for pizza toppings or as you suggested, used as a bread or bun substitute. Regardless...this was really, REALLY good!

If this is representative of the recipes you are developing, I 'bow' to your expertise...amazing... :-)

Donna

Jennifer said...

Wow, thanks, Donna, coming from you that's huge! High praise! You made my day. ((HUGS)) :)

Vicki Allwardt said...

This bread is delicious! I made it on a large pizza pan covered with foil as directed, baked it, then added pizza sauce, salami slices, and mozzarella on top. Back into the oven a few more minutes until the cheese was bubbling. My best low carb pizza so far!
Vicki

Jennifer said...

Wow, Vicki - I never thought of doing that! Great idea and glad you liked it too. :)