THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Delicious Island Pork Curry (GF)


ISLAND PORK CURRY
This is a favorite of my eldest son, Daniel.

Variation:   Island Chicken Curry:  Use chicken instead of pork. (6.1 g carbs)

*Helpful Hints:  It is a snap to make chutney by using a jar of low-sugar or no-sugar peach or apricot jam.  Stir in a little white vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to taste and you have yourself some instant homemade chutney. One way to make cauli-rice a little more substantial is to stir in some cooked quinoa.  I cook quinoa the same way I make rice. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large pot, bring 4 cups (1 L) water to boil.  Add 2 cups (500 mL) quinoa (or you can halve this recipe), 2 tbsp (25 mL) chicken bouillon and a little turmeric; stir and bring to the boil again.  Place lid on pot and cook quinoa in oven about 25 minutes.  Fluff with fork and stir some quinoa into your cauli-rice.  Quinoa is kinder on the blood sugar than rice and many low-carbers who are in maintenance or pre-maintenance have embraced it. 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like a good recipe, but I'm curious why you add splenda to almost everything you make?

Jennifer said...

You can leave the tiny bit of Splenda out here, but what it does is offsets the flavor a bit. If you have some other sweetener that you prefer, please use that instead. I don't want to push Splenda on anyone. Some people simply don't do well on it or are suspicious that it is also poison. So use what you are comfortable with. Thanks.

Jennifer said...

P.S. I don't get any pay offs from the company to use Splenda. In fact, they (the US Johnson and Johnson company) really did the dirty on me. However, the jury is out as to whether Splenda is perfectly safe. Is anything?

susiet said...

Hey Jenn,

I posted your GF Flour Mix on my site. I hope you don't mind. I had to go ahead and post the new blog entry. I think you will like it. Lot's of link love for ya girl!

Jennifer said...

Sure, Susie, that's fine. I like the link love! lol Will go check it out in more detail when I have time. Thanks.