THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Saturday, March 5, 2011


After working and working on this, I finally arrived at 4 different gluten-free and low-carb bake mixes.  So, we have options!  My Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix (please note I'm abandoning this one) is very benign re tummy issues and that's what I like about that one. Here is the NEW Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix. My next favorite is the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix (I have also since abandoned this one but you're welcome to play with it, if you like - I found the xanthan gum was too much and I was reactive to it).  Actually the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix and the Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix are very similar, but I favor the other due to the fact that there is less fiber in it.  Liquid/wet ingredients may differ slightly between the two.  The Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix may need up to 1/4 cup less wet/liquid ingredients than the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix when substituting for regular white flour in recipes.  With both of them use 1/4 cup more bake mix when substituting for white flour.  When substituting the Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix for my other bake mixes, up to 1/4 cup less liquid/wet ingredients may be required.  If you find the batter is too moist, add a little more bake mix.  My recipes are very forgiving that way.

Four super bake mixes, but ones I am reactive to are also at these links:  The Coconut/Flax Gluten-Free Bake Mix #1 and the Coconut Flour/Flax Gluten Free Bake Mix #2 .   Not everyone has my tummy issues.  I do suffer from IBS occasionally and so I usually keep my baking to a dull roar these days.  However, I've had to do a lot of testing lately to arrive at all these bake mix options.  I hope someone out there appreciates my hard work.

Please note (updated March 10/2011):  These bake mixes are great in muffins, loaves, cookies, coffeecakes, some cakes and a few other applications, but will not be suitable for all applications nor for baking with yeast applications. In addition, my Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix and Vital Ultimate Bake Mixes and others may be used instead of the gluten-free bake mixes or the other way around  - the gluten-free bake mixes may be substituted for the Splendid Low-Carb Bake Mix and Vital Ultimate Bake Mixes and others.  Liquid/wet ingredient requirements may differ slightly.


gfnoor said...

Hi Jennifer,
JUst wanted to say that all your time and harduwork are truly appreciated.

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for that. (((HUGS))) You're one in a million for sure!

Jennifer said...

What I meant by that is most people take and few people turn around and say, "Thank you". That makes you special in my book. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you - now i can make the mother in laws famous cookies but healthy! You are awesome!

Jennifer said...

You are welcome. :)