Shhhh! Eureka I think I Have It Finally - My Splendid GF Bake Mix


I'll unveil my Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix one of these days soon.  I need to try at least a couple more recipes to be certain. I don't want to fall flat on my face again like last time by unveiling a recipe too soon! I'll let you in on this part of the secret.  It's actually going to be quite a bit lower in carbs than the Ultimate Gluten-Free Bake Mix, which I think I will abandon soon in favor of the new one, due to the fact that it uses much less Xanthan gum and is quite a bit lower in carbs.

Stay tuned for my next post.  It's going to be quite interesting....soaking coconut flour or oat flour to make it more digestible.  Truth be told I eat too much of my baking and even with only 2 tbsp coconut flour in 2 1/2 cups of bake mix, I'm still a bit reactive.  That's the only downside for me.  However, I know other people love coconut flour as an alternate low-carb flour.  It could be the fiber that catches me or it could be the phytic acid that Kirk alerted me to in a comment.  I had never heard of soaking grains before this.  Apparently soaking wheat flour for 8 hours, it can break down some of the gluten and anti-nutrients making it more digestible.  So for folks who are only mildly gluten-intolerant, this may actually be the answer (not that many of us consume wheat anymore on our low-carb WOL, but maybe whole wheat pastry flour could be "treated" this way).  People used to routinely soak flours, but I tell you that was a bit before my time of adulthood, because I just heard of it!  Anyway before I do my next post in this post, I'll shush.