THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

BARBECUED RASPBERRY SPARERIBS

BARBECUED RASPBERRY SPARERIBS

These are restaurant-style delicious.  Occasionally I enjoy ribs.  I think the crockpot makes wonderful, tender ribs...and best of all, it could not be easier!  Always looking for fun sauces.  This one is an old recipe of mine, dating back to 1999.  Since then I've made a lot of other recipes, so I don't remember this one that well, but it looks and sounds good to me!

4 lbs pork side spareribs (1.8 kg)
Raspberry Glaze:
1/2 cup low-carb Ketchup (125 mL)
1/4 cup raspberry fruit spread, (50 mL)
  sieved
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (10 mL)
2 tsp white vinegar (10 mL)
1 tsp prepared mustard (5 mL)
1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke, optional (2 mL)

Place ribs in crockpot.  Cover with Raspberry Glaze.  Set on low for about 8 hours.  Set about 2 tbsp of the Raspberry Glaze aside and brush on cooked ribs.

Raspberry Glaze:  In medium bowl, combine Ketchup,  raspberry fruit spread, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, prepared mustard and Liquid Smoke, if using.

Yield:  8 servings
1 serving
379.4 calories
26.6 g protein
27.0 g fat
0.0 g fiber
5.6 g net carbs


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:

Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 

http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced! 

6 comments:

Lucy said...

That sounds absolutely Delicious! We will definitely be making this recipe!!!

Jennifer said...

Smile. Hope you enjoy it, Lucy. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Robyn said...

Spareribs are one of my all time favorite foods! I plan to try this recipe this weekend. Thank you!

Jennifer said...

Hope you like them, Robyn.

Kent said...

They look great. I am not a big boiler of ribs. I'd rather wrap them in tinfoil or even saran wrap, and then slow cook them for hours. Less mess and less pans. Yours however looked phenomenal.

Jennifer said...

Kent, hi, I've never thought to wrap before putting them in the slow cooker. Are you sure it is safe to use tin foil due to the aluminum and the saran wrap can also leach out chemicals. Just thinking, but I could be wrong. I think it is a much better idea to use the slow cooker - the ribs will be more tender. I don't like the odor from boiling.