THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Friday, November 5, 2010

*RED PEPPER SOUP* (GF)

Light, creamy, pureed soup that is quite mild in flavor.  Great for the cooler fireside evenings.
Text Box: Yield:  6 servings
1 serving
156.5 calories
4.0 g protein
12.4 g fat
7.1 g carbs2 tbsp olive oil (25 mL)
4 red bell peppers, chopped
2 tbsp chopped onion (25 mL)
1 tsp crushed garlic (5 mL)
24 fl oz chicken broth (710 mL)
1/2 cup whipping cream (125 mL)A whole and halved red bell pepperImage via Wikipedia
1/8 tsp black pepper (0.5 mL)
In large electric frying pan or saucepan, heat oil.  Add peppers, onion and garlic.  Saute 10 minutes.  Pour in chicken broth and reduce heat to low.  Simmer 30 minutes.  Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.  Pulverize through a strainer and return soup to pan.  Stir in cream and black pepper.  Heat through.  Serve with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Kent said...

That sounds delicious. I look forward to trying it this winter. It looks like a soup to have after a morning of shoveling snow. :-)

Jennifer said...

Aaah, that sounds nice, Kent. No more snow shoveling for me now, but after almost 30 years in the cold White North I know what that was like. :-)

Kent said...

Just wanted to let you know I just posted this as a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz95E_UsFMo

Jennifer said...

Hey, thanks, Kent. Good job as per usual. Love your apron!

Jennifer said...

P.S. I'll put the link here.

Do you want me to start a thread on LCF's for this soup and your video or will you be doing that?

Kent said...

If you want, this is a delicious soup, and my wife and I really liked it. Although we are torn about the strainer, the soup is really tasty without the pulp, but not the most satisfying (definitely side dish), but with the pulp it is thick and filling.

There is either way a ton of Vitamin C in this recipe -- perfect for winter.

Jennifer said...

I often don't bother straining it either. If I remember, I'll stick this one of LCF's. Thank you again!