Do You Have Difficulty Losing Weight on a Low-Carb Diet or Any Diet?

Besides having your thyroid checked, if that is fine, then it could be the frequency of eating.  I tell you why I say this.  My husband has great difficulty dropping weight unless he has a period of time where he goes for a long time without eating - i.e. one meal a day a few times a week works really well for him.  Another thing, if he gets hungry at 9-00 pm and he frequently does, if he keeps the snack to a sausage or some yogurt and strawberries, he is okay, but if that turns into a meal, he is not going to see a loss on the scale the next morning.

My own experience:   I have gone months on low-carb at 20 grams a day and not lost a thing - somehow my body also needs to sense a period of time when there is not sustenance coming in and then it raids the fat stores.  That is how I lose weight too.  That is why I like to eat in the beginning of the day up until about 1 or 2 pm  (when dieting) and then quit until the next morning.  A couple of times a week, I'll go from lunch to lunch and I always lose weight that way - I usually am guaranteed a 1 or 2 lb loss for the week doing that.  In the beginning it is tough, but if one sticks to lower carb fare, it is much easier and one's appetite is under control.

Some people might be able to eat 3 squares on a low-carb diet plus snacks and lose weight, but Ian and I are not those people.  We've tested it sometimes for years at a stretch until we get fed up and want to lose weight and then we do what works for us.