THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

COCOA BROWNIES





COCOA BROWNIES
These brownies are so decadent-tasting – very close to the real thing! I have so many brownie recipes, but can one ever have too many?
3/4 cup melted butter (175 mL)
1 cup SPLENDA® Granular (250 mL)
1/2 cup granulated erythritol (125 mL)
11/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
3 eggs
3/4 cup Low-Carb Bake Mix, (175 mL)
1/2 cup cocoa (125 mL)
1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)

In food processor, process butter, SPLENDA® Granular, erythritol and vanilla. Add eggs; process. In medium bowl, combine Low-Carb Bake Mix, page___, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture; process. Spread in greased 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in brownies comes out clean. Cool, frost, cut and refrigerate in an airtight plastic container to keep fresh longer and prevent recrystallization of the erythritol.

Yield: 25 servings
1 serving with frosting
111.9 calories
3.0 g protein
9.8 g fat
3.2 g carbs

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Geoff Grinnell said...

Hi Jen,

I am wondering why you didn't use powdered Erythritol since granular won't dissolve well or at all. And secondly, when's your next cookbook going to be released?

Jennifer said...

I'm running out of powdered erythritol and have to order it from Netrition. I'm not sure about when I'll have my next cookbook available, but I'm working on it slowly.

RedZinnia said...

I made these yesterday and my family has eaten all of them. They are really delicious and have a good texture. Interestingly, they taste sweeter when they are cold than when they are warm.

RedZinnia said...

These taste wonderful! They were so easy to make and were a great chocolate treat. Why does anyone buy those awful low carb mixes when they can make real food from your website?

Jennifer said...

RedZinnia, you made my morning! I have this silly smile on my face now. Glad you and your family liked them.