Found this on Dana's Blog! Major League Interesting.

High-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com

Does fasting blood sugar increase over time for very strict low-carbers? I'm not sure if this is unique to the poster or not.

I don't want to lose the link so I'm posting it here on my blog for future reference. It makes me wonder whether some of us should rather stick with moderate low-carbing even although the poster goes to great lengths to reassure us?

I notice if I have not eaten for a while or not eaten enough and then have something high in glucose - like a teaspoon of jam or a small drink with fruit juice (4 oz) in it, then I sometimes suffer mild hypoglycemia until I eat something.

It seems one's tolerance for carbs goes down when one steers clear very strictly for a long period of time. However, I've also discovered when one goes back to eating moderate amounts of carbs for a period of time, then indulging once in a while in excess carbs is not a problem.

I wonder if anyone has some similar experiences to relate?

I tend to stick with moderate carbs - i.e. anywhere from 40 to 60 grams of carbs a day and sometimes more. Since I do intermittent fasting moderate carbs seem to be fine for me - I can still lose a pound a week this way when needed.

Here is another interesting article: saturated fat and insulin sensitivity

P.S. Jimmy Moore is doing great with real strict low-carbing and his blood sugar levels have stabilized and Fasting Blood Sugar has come down. Go figure! Reading Dana's personal experience versus Jimmy's I realize that people will have different experiences as there are many elements that come into play. Another friend emailed me to say that she has had the same experience as Jimmy. To date my FBS has been normal through all the many years I have been low-carbing, however, this year is the first year I have been suffering mild hypoglycemic symptoms occasionally.

Dana's thoughts on this. I found her explanation easy to understand. Hopefully, this will help others too. I really don't like the idea of blood sugar going up but the explanation makes sense. If you're reading this, Dana, thank you!